Advertisement

Saturn in 7th house, Synastry and Composite

topic posted Wed, July 7, 2010 - 12:10 AM by  lovesiren2
Share/Save/Bookmark
Curious can anyone tell me the effect of having a guy's saturn conjunct my descendant have on the relationship? Also in our composite we have Saturn in the 7th house.
Thanks!
Advertisement
  • Unsu...

Generally speaking, Saturn in the house of relationships does not sound too good. It may mean heaviness, and at it's best I imagine it would be a reflection/recognition in each other that this is a more mature relationship than either of you have had before. If his Saturn is also in your natal 7th, he may prove to be a drag in so many ways, and the composite thing just makes me think that you two will be sort of a drag on each other. The whole thing sounds stifling for a playful, carefree romance; but, if all other things look good, and you're both at a stage in life where you want to 'settle down', it may be just what the doctor ordered.
  • My girlfriend and I have Saturn in the 7th in our composite. (I have it in my natal 7th, as well, though neither of us have Saturn falling in each others' 7th via synastry.)

Seems to definitely at least imply that the partnership has a quality of seriousness and brings with it a demand for responsibility. This could contribute to longevity and commitment if it's what you guys are looking for in a relationship right now. Could also imply taking the relationship too seriously or the tone relationship being quite heavy.
    • Thanks guys... He broke off our friendship after a fight because I started to ask more of him as far as support.
      So much for longevity and durability I hear about this.

Neither of us have Saturn natally in the 7th house. But both of us have saturn figuring prominently in other ways in our natal charts...more related to career stuff, 10th house... funnt that is how we used to support each other...our career aspirations...
      All I did was I got frustrated and got a little demanding, and he just said goodbye to me on text message... I am so sad...
      • "He broke off our friendship after a fight because I started to ask more of him as far as support. "

Yeah, if you guys weren't both on the same page about wanting a lot of out of the relationship and it being very serious, seems like those Saturnian pressures could get the best of it. Sounds like that might have been part of it for him since he backed down after you wanted more support in the relationship. I guess that's my stab at how I'd read Saturn into you guys' synastry/composite. Can make people feel dedicated/responsible to a relationship or just pressured and weighted down instead. Or a little of both, even.
      • "He broke off our friendship after a fight because I started to ask more of him as far as support.
        So much for longevity and durability I hear about this."

I'm sorry to read that, but I'll add my 2 cents on Saturn anyways.

His Saturn opposite your Ascendant indicates that he does not feel your approach to life/things, or the way you come across, since that is what the ASC is about. His Saturn conjunct your Descendant might indicate that his presence (and I'm not really sure on this one) might "summon the authority in you". I'm following the logic that the Descendant describes how we act in relationships. His Saturn conjunct your ASC would mean that you see him as an authority figure, therefore his Saturn conjunct your DSC might indicate the opposite. Just speculating.

There are many worse aspects where Saturn is involved, howeever. Moon square Saturn, Mars square Saturn or Venus square Saturn. If any of the personal planets is in conflict with the Saturn of the other person, it means that the other person has a problem with the first person. E.g. I had my Sun square a girl's Saturn in Synastry. Think of: being with a person who brags about the way you walk, talk, chew, drink, sip, breath, etc., or doesn't necessarily brag about it, but it turns out to be the reason why "it cannot work". Also important: Relationships with a 'bad Saturn' often begin very cool, at times even almost perfect, and it takes some time before the effect of Saturn shows up, which is why some astrologers take a 'bad Saturn' as an indication that the relationshiop is 'a lesson to be learned', especially if the attachment grows HUGE and then gets a cruel shake-awake by Saturn. This might explain the divorce rates. :)

Saturn in the 7th House of a Composite Chart usually does not mean very much. According to some astrologers, it doesn't even manifest when in the 7th House. IF it manifests, however, it can be either very good or very bad, but this depends on the Natal Charts. E.g. Saturn in the 7th House would describe one of those relationships where you plan everything together. You know, people who plan the next summer, winter, and maybe even their 10th Anniversary in advance. Not necessarily boring, BUT very organized. Capricorns, Taurus and Virgos might be fond of the idea to have an organized relationship, since they have those traits in their Natal Charts, but a person with Aquarius Venus for example, or a Sagittarius, won't feel very amused about this kind of relationship, and will probably escape regardless of how good the Synastry is. This is basically the realm of "just friends" - two personal energies (Natal Charts) who have a good relation (Synastry) but do not function as a "unit" (Composite Chart) because of a thing like Composite Saturn in the 7th House, but Aquarius Venus in the Natal Chart. What I want to say: Personal energies and how they interact with the "composite energy" shouldn't be forgotten.

Bottom line, if Saturn is evolved, there will be a brick in a way to overcome and two people will eventually have to adjust to each other - the Saturn person might have to jump over their shadow and the other person might have to become a little bit more of what the Saturn person wants. That is the 'hard work' of Saturn in relationships. Whether that 'hard work' is worth it depends on how important the relationship is and whether both are ready to 'meet in the middle'.

Ok, done preaching. :)

PeaceLightLove
        • would it , could it be more than saturn ?

it seems in astrology that people look for something to fit a situation,
          its sad but some relations, most actually seem to have an expiration date, for some reason or the other,
          and just as many women seem to not be able to hancdle demands,,,

when one person wants closeness and then the other wants distance,,,
          its almost as if the first person who says I love you is suddenly in the demanding role,
          is that saturn, or other aspects ?

it seems that there are so many variations in astrology that every relations has its won set of flavors, like what each person brings to a meal,,,
          • "would it , could it be more than saturn ?"

It's always more than Saturn. It's even more than Astrology, considering all the aspects that Astrology doesn't include - such as pheromones, body language, body shape... etc. If those things do not fit, then even the most perfect Synastry/Composite wouldn't change a thing. That's the way I see it at least. Astrology might be just one part of the whole and I would never say that Astrology or Saturn alone can give a solution to fit a situation, but they might point to something that might be worked out. It takes two to fix things, tho... or at least it should take two, but then there are those things when one person expects the other person to proof how far they will go to fix something. People are strange, especially when they leave things open as if someone could read their minds and that's where astrology begins... it's like clutching at straws to figure out the things under the cover.

"when one person wants closeness and then the other wants distance,,,
            its almost as if the first person who says I love you is suddenly in the demanding role,
            is that saturn, or other aspects ?"

The last time I had this situation with me saying "I love you" and she getting me as "demanding", she had an Aquarius Rising, Venus in Sagittarius and Moon in Scorpio. The idea that I wanted 'depth' she felt as an 'obligation'. The 'depth' (call it closeness if you want to) came across as a 'demand'. We were not in a relationship and I was not insisting on one, but she said: "I don't want a relationship". I asked: "Did I mention a relationship?" She felt confused, what she told, asking "What do you want then?" etc.

To explain: I've got Scorpio Venus/Mars in Aquarius. She's got Sagittarius Venus/Mars in Aries. For me: depth doesn't equal commitment, chains or loss of freedom. Love can be free, and it's by far no restriction. IMO. For her, on the other hand, just the mention of the word love equaled commitment, chains, restriction, loss of freedom, panic, distance... Saturn had nothing to do with it and Astrology wouldn't have helped at all. What might have helped would have been if she could have looked through my eyes and I through hers, but since that's impossible, I'll take it as: some things are simply not meant to be and it wasn't even an "expiration date" in this case and Saturn had nothing to do with it either... it was more like: my heart speaks French, her heart speaks Dutch, and we didn't have anyone to translate. The Synastry/Composite wasn't wrong at all.

Bottom line: People are strange and astrology is like clutching at straws to find the perfect answer that doesn't exist.
            • VanDeLux thank you for your great answers. Thanks to everyone.
              Yes I can agree on many points. One thing for sure people are strange.
              I wasnt asking for a relationship, I liked his company, and he assumed me wanting support meant something more, or obligation, etc... Ur right. I wished I could have comunicated like u did to ur friend. I never got a chance,
              I fee sad.
              Maybe my saturn square venus, and his saturn opposed my ascendant and trine my venus could have also contributed to the heavy feeling. I dont know.
              • meaning my saturn square his venus
                • "For me: depth doesn't equal commitment, chains or loss of freedom. Love can be free, and it's by far no restriction. "

Thats how I feel too...
                  • This is the maximum depth. Additional responses will not be threaded.
                    vanI agree, I have scorpio in venus and sagi mars, and depth is different than wanting something,,,

thats funny about the other person saying what do you want then ... I have been in that situation,,,also some of my best relations have been where I never told the other person I love you, and we got along great,,,the I love you phrase is usually followed by a other person repeating, and it sounds hollow,,,actions are better anyway, than words, and they speak for their selves,,,
  • Unsu...

Lovesiren2,

(love the name, was there ever a lovesiren1?), at any rate, wanted to point out that one cannot look at synastry or composite and gleen anything worthwhile, without first understanding their own chart...So for example (and let's assume, this is just a friendship), what do you look for in a friendship? I'd first look at your sun and moon, then your 5th, 7th and 11th (regardless of whether it was romantic or not, the 5th and 11th are love given and received, respectively, and the 7th is how well we get on with other people...and hopefully we all know that it is not just the houses or the planets, but their rulership and aspects. Your natal chart is primary, and you have to understand it before you try to understand what is lacking or forthcoming in others.

The best books I've read on the topic are by Noel Tyl.

• "Your natal chart is primary, and you have to understand it before you try to understand what is lacking or forthcoming in others."

That's a really good point, varoom. It is pretty hard to do much with synastry or composites if the natal chart (actually, both natal charts involved) isn't first understood thoroughly, since the natal chart so greatly reflects what a person actually does need and give in a relationship. The synastry/composite factors can then be compared to natal chart needs/etc. and that would shed much more light on how the relationship functions for the individuals involved.
    • Interesting thanks Varoom... ues lovesiren 1 left the building once, then I came back :)

In my chart I am sun opposite moon, only planet in 5th house is Saturn LOL, only Juno in 11th house, and I have an empty 7th house

In his chart, he is sun square moon, venus square moon, and he has venus in his 11th house, and empty 5th and 7th houses LOL

Hmmm that puts things in perspective. Interesting.

What is weird is that my Moon fills his empty 7th house and his Saturn fills my empty 7th house!
      • His Moon is in my 11th house, and My Vertex is in his 11th house. We have Vertex EXACT conjunct Venus.

We have lots of 8th house between both of us...
        • His Sun and Venus and South Node in my 8th house.

My Saturn, Chiron, and North Node in his 8th house.
          • COMPOSITE:
            What's interesting is that our composite chart shows a stellium (Sun, Mercury, Venus, South Node, Pluto) in the 11th house... so emphasis on friendship and hopes and wishes, and the North Node in 5th house..
            Saturn in 7th house, of course...and it being the focal point of a Bucket shaped chart...
            • "What's interesting is that our composite chart shows a stellium (Sun, Mercury, Venus, South Node, Pluto) in the 11th house... so emphasis on friendship and hopes and wishes, and the North Node in 5th house..
              Saturn in 7th house, of course...and it being the focal point of a Bucket shaped chart... "

I'm not sure that I'm terribly accurate in my guesses here, but that arrangement in the houses struck me as interesting. It makes me think of Saturn here has more to do with limits and boundaries than with commitment, perhaps. That you have such an 11th house cluster does seem like an emphasis on friendship, as you said, and group and intellectual friendship, maybe? Perhaps that comes more easily to you two rather than very different in nature 'partnership'-type relationship, which may something, in this Saturnian case, that is immediately laden with a lot of boundaries. In yous guys' synastry, with his Saturn in your 7th, maybe he imposes rules or limits in regards to the partnership, whereas your Moon in his 7th brings in emotionality.

Again, totally don't know if I'm looking at this very accurately either based on the astrology of it or on your actual relationship with this guy. I may be totally off base!
              • Thanks Rothilde... not sure either how to interpret this.
                I mean we had intimacy too, but I always used the word "firend" with him. We didnt do the group things ever, but we did always encourage our hopes and wishes about the future, our career, and dreams...
                But ya saturn in 7th yet north node (which is the destiny of the relationship) in 5th which is quite interesting..
                The stellium is conjunct the south node... so odes that mean it is a struggle to push the north node ? Mwaning it looks like a lot of work (saturn) to make this a relationship? But I read the rewards are great if the work is done...
                However it takes 2, and he broke the friendship off in a fit of anger!
      • Unsu...

"In my chart I am sun opposite moon, only planet in 5th house is Saturn LOL, only Juno in 11th house, and I have an empty 7th house
        In his chart, he is sun square moon, venus square moon, and he has venus in his 11th house, and empty 5th and 7th houses LOL"

Let's forget about Juno for now, and focus on the personal planets and their major aspects. It is interesting to me (and also compatible) that you both have harsh sun/moon aspects, and this in itself provides 'empathy' to each other's condition. Your needs and your goals (both of you) are in conflict, so there's an 'I get you, you get me' dynamic going on. Also, there's really no such thing as an empty house, find the ruler of the 7th house and examine it by sign and aspect.
        • Re: Saturn in 7th house, Synastry and Composite

Sun, July 11, 2010 - 10:46 PM
          "It is interesting to me (and also compatible) that you both have harsh sun/moon aspects, and this in itself provides 'empathy' to each other's condition. Your needs and your goals (both of you) are in conflict, so there's an 'I get you, you get me' dynamic going on. "

Interesting thx!, how is it that we could get each other.. how does that manifest?

"Also, there's really no such thing as an empty house, find the ruler of the 7th house and examine it by sign and aspect. "
          oh i c!
          My 7th house ruler of Gemini is MERCURY I got MERCURY and Venus in libra conjunct each other in my chart... in turn both my Mercury and Venus are conjunct his Uranus and both my Mercury and Venus trine his Saturn, which haha as we lmow is in my 7th house lol

His 7th house ruler of Pisces is NEPTUNE... He has got NEPTUNE in sagittarius square both his Mercury and widely his Ascendant in Virgo.. in turn his Neptune is conjunct my Ascendant, sextile my Venus, trine my Chiron and widely trine my Mars... His Mercury and Ascendant also conjunct my Sun in Virgo...
  • This is a long read, but it might be interesting regarding Saturn in Synastry:
    www.cafeastrology.com/article...try.html

"When Saturn in one chart forms an aspect with another person's personal planet or point, the energy interplays between the two people are distinct. Saturn is the planet of restriction, commitment, and reality. We usually find Saturn interaspects with personal planets in long-lasting relationships. These aspects play out over time and often manifest in clear stages.

At the outset, there can be some resistance or reluctance to forming a relationship and/or a commitment with each other on one of the individuals' parts, as if he or she senses that committing to the other person will involve something heavy. Once that initial reluctance (which can range from vague to explicit, depending on the power of the Saturn interaspects and the individual temperaments involved) passes, there is generally a wonderful feeling of familiarity and safety with one another. These people feel closely connected. Saturn interaspects tend to be very binding.

As time passes, and especially once a commitment is made between each other, the personal planet person will inevitably grow in that area of life or part of the personality represented by the personal planet. [Note that a commitment doesn't necessarily literally mean marriage. It can be as simple as a commitment that the partnership is a one-to-one relationship, or that it is exclusive.] What generally happens is that the security that bound the two together in the first place feels threatened on the part of the Saturn person as the personal planet person changes or grows. Saturn resists change, and feels threatened by it. The Saturn person may exercise some kind of control over the personal planet person - some form of restriction. This can take the form of criticizing the energies expressed by the personal planet person.

Let's take an example of ..."

(Text about Mercury/Saturn, Mars/Saturn, Moon/Saturn etc. connections)

"...Karma is associated with Saturn, where the personal planet person feels some sort of personal debt to the Saturn person. The Saturn person seems to have the upper hand in the relationship, at least for a while. Both parties must be more mindful of what exactly they are doing. A balance is possible, as the personal planet person may benefit from Saturn's impositions, at least ones that are not purely based on fear. Maybe the personal planet person does need to learn to be more responsible and could benefit from some maturation, and Saturn can learn to loosen up in certain ways. Reacting defensively to each other will only exacerbate the problem."
    • Thanks Van DeLux... that is the best description I have ever read on Saturn Synastry!
      So obviosly my friend and I are at the "reluctance" stage, yet he broke it off. Suddenly, kaput.
      So not sure if anything can play out now... hmmm
      I miss him :(

Recent topics in "Astrology"