Advertisement

Solar Return Charts

topic posted Wed, March 25, 2009 - 2:49 AM by  Unsubscribed
Share/Save/Bookmark
I want to know more about how other people in here view into their Solar Return Chart. How do you study it?
Do you look at them to find a theme for the year?
A tool to better understand your transits?
Do you just look at it to predict fortunes or falls for the coming year?
All of the above?
Have I left anything else out?

posted by:
Unsubscribed
Advertisement
  • Re: Solar Return Charts

Wed, March 25, 2009 - 3:13 AM
    taryn

research solar arc directions. They're not as well used as progressions but similar to the solar return chart. The idea is that you 'progress' every planet by the number of degrees your sun has moved. SO if your sun has moved 21 degrees, you move EVERYTHING in your chart by that amount.

www.frankstar.com/solararc.htm
  • Re: Solar Return Charts

Thu, March 26, 2009 - 8:53 AM
    It's always best to relate the solar return chart to your natal chart. I would not use it solely as a predictive technique--progressions and solar arc directions should be taken into consideration. I also precess the Sun in a solar return chart, and I always use the place of birth. Many use the relocated chart, and do not precess the Sun.

The solar return can give you a quick indication of some things in the year ahead. Some of the most important:
    1. If a solar return planet is in the same sign that it is in natally (this can happen a lot with Venus and Mercury)
    2. If there is a solar return planet in conjunction with any of the solar return angles
    3. If the solar return ascendant is in the same sign as your natal ascendant, or in the opposite sign.
    4. If the solar return North Node is in the same degree as the degree of another solar return planet. For example, if you have the solar return North Node in 12 Pisces, and Mercury happens to fall in 12 Capricorn (or any other sign), it indicates that Mercury can be a priority in the year ahead.
    5. An eclipsed new moon in the solar return chart. Even without the solar return, if an eclipse occurs on your birthday, it usually means a major life-changing year ahead.

As mentioned, use the solar return to support what you may already see in the transits, progressions and directions. For example, if you have a progressed conjunction of Sun/Saturn, and if Uranus is transiting your 10th house of career identity, and an eclipse on your natal Jupiter, you might have a major change related to work. (It could be added responsibilities, a move to a higher position with more responsibility, quitting a job to take another, or being let go by your present employer.) This would be reinforced in a solar return if Uranus falls in the 2nd, 6th or 10th houses, as those all relate to career.

The solar return isn't the only return chart you can use. Each year, the Sun will return to the exact degree and minute of your natal Ascendant, and the chart for that time can be just as useful as the solar return. Likewise, the Annual Moon chart is useful--the day when the Sun returns to the exact degree and minute of your NATAL Moon. I have sometimes found the Annual Moon chart far more reflective of a year than the solar return.

Hope that helps.

Michele Adler
    www.micheleadler.com

Recent topics in "Astrology"

Topic Author Replies Last Post
badly aspected venus and ascendant elisabeth 0 December 5, 2014
help us learn more about our birthchart Bethany 1 December 4, 2014
Chiron square Uranus transit Girl 9 December 2, 2014
What's Your Animal Yoni? Unsubscribed 108 December 1, 2014