Advertisement

Composite chart

topic posted Tue, May 13, 2008 - 8:58 PM by  Unsubscribed
Share/Save/Bookmark
I know (and you know) that when we fall in love the first thing we astrologers do is rush to look at that persons chart. So what do you look for? How do you know if you and another person are compatable especially with out an ascendant?

I've heard that these are some points of compatability:

Aspects:
Sun Venus
Sun Mars
sun moon
sun jupiter
Sun sun
sun ascendant
Sun pluto

Moon Venus
Moon Moon
Moon mars
moon jupier

Venus Venus
Venus Mars
Venus Jupiter
Venus Pluto

Mars uranus (not suitable for lasting relationship)
Mars Jupiter
Mars pluto

asteroid aspects:
sun, moon, venus, jupiter, pluto eros, psyche, Juno- eros
sun, moon, venus, jupiter, pluto Juno, psyche- psyche
sun, moon, venus, jupiter, pluto juno- Juno

Planets in houses:
Sun in 1st
Sun in 5th
Sun in 7th
Sun in 8th
(possibly) Sun in 9th

Moon in 1st
Moon in 5th
Moon in 7th
Moon in 8th

Venus, Mars, Jupiter and Pluto in the same houses.

Uranus can indicate a quick and short lived love affair so it is important when looking at a composite chart but there has to be other aspects to hold the relationship together. I have the text book definition of what works but I'm just wondering if anyone has any insight to what else might work. Or if you can post a really good site or recomend a book that talks about this it would be great. Thank you. And for the record I'm not currently into anyone but I'm sure I will be in the near future.

posted by:
Unsubscribed
Advertisement
  • Unsu...

Re: Composite chart

Tue, May 13, 2008 - 10:14 PM
    Hi Simone - Here's a few books that have been very insightful for me:

Astrology A language of Life - Volume IV - Relationship Analysis
    Author: Robert P Blaschke

Planets in Synastry
    Author: E.W. Neville

Planets in Composite
    Author: Robert Hand

I am not a professional astrologer so my comments here are very general. All the aspects you mention are worthy to note but I think the most notable/strongest ones for relationships are between the personal planets: Sun, Moon, Venus, and Mars and Sun/Moon aspects are most highlighted. Look to seventh and fifth house overlays as you mention with regard to these aspects but Moon in the Eleventh is also very good.

Lunar North Node and South Nodes ties are important as well.

Also note that Synastry charts are a comparison of one chart to another and Composite charts are a blending of two charts into one. Some consider a Synastry chart may be more insightful about a relationship especially in the beginning. Composite... may... be in the long run...

Daffy astro nut here so experienced astrologers please clarify if I am off target.
    • Unsu...

Wed, May 14, 2008 - 6:13 AM
      Thank you for mentioning the nodes I completley forgot about them. When I was writing this post I wasn't sure to call it composite charts or synastry charts so thanks for specifying. I never realsed that the 11th house came into play but I'll check it out. Thanks for the book recomendations.
      • Re: Composite chart

Wed, May 14, 2008 - 11:15 AM
        I actually wait on purpose for a little while before looking at the chart
        if I get a better feel first then I have things I look for in relation to the way things are feeling
        (I'm all about the intuitive art part of this stuff)
        And then I look at just their natal chart to see what I was feeling from them first
        and if there are things I ought to attempt to find out more about before I get sucked in/under
        If things get intense then I look at the synastry. With that the first thing I do is look at whose in who's house how
        for the general effect of the relationship
        then I look for power struggles through outer-personal planet interactions by aspect
        so that I know what sorts of things have the propability of being a scary issue
        Only because it helps me recognize problems faster
        I don't look at composite because I don't typically have relationships that last a long time
        if I did and when I have then those come out, but not before
        That's my way......

Wed, May 14, 2008 - 11:16 AM
          oh and some things you might be into I shy away from because I don't like the feel of them for myself personally
          It's different when I do other people's charts
          • Unsu...

Wed, May 14, 2008 - 11:46 AM
            Of course I like someone first and decide if I am attracted to them or not but after I pass that point then I do want to look at their charts. I hardly consider aspects from outter planets unless their out planets aspect my inner planets. I too like to look at their chart induvidualy though.
  • Unsu...

Wed, May 14, 2008 - 12:43 PM

Uranus also fits with relationships that can be considered unconventional like interracial relationships,homosexual relationships......could also be relationship with a lot of age difference too.

also...Uranus rules internet,astrology........so indicate a relationship that was started on the internet or through Astrology like matchmaking service.....meeting in astrology chatroom........meeting in an astrology group

it could also be a couple who share progressive,liberal values

could be good for sharing activism in common
    • Unsu...

Wed, May 14, 2008 - 2:11 PM
      I never thought about Uranus indicating relationships with a big age difference but I'm glad you mentioned that becuase I happen to have alot of Uranus in my chart.
  • Unsu...

Thu, May 15, 2008 - 7:58 AM
    These descriptions are from Cafeastrology.com so you may have already read them but if not:

Venus-Sun interaspects:
    These are helpful aspects in any relationship. They create a sense of harmony and offer some common interests to the partnership. The Sun person feels more loving and beautiful in the presence of the Venus person. The Venus person finds the Sun person quite charming and intriguing. There is a mutual attraction here that, on its own, is not as insistent or sexual as other indicators (such as Venus-Mars or Venus-Pluto). Perhaps the most apt keyword for this combination is contentment. The more difficult aspects (opposition, square, and quincunx) can point to some problems and discord. The value system of the Venus native in this case is at odds with the Sun native's general outlook and life path. Each person tends to over-indulge the other at times, and frustrate one another the next day. Read more details about Venus-Sun aspects in synastry.

Venus-Moon interaspects:
    These aspects smooth out many of the more difficult aspects in a relationship. Although these relationships are not immune to ups and downs and disagreements, the presence of this aspect in synastry creates an overall sense of harmony and compatibility. The attraction here has less to do with sexuality than it does with familiarity. These people have a strong need to set up house together and spend as much time with each other as possible. It is an aspect that almost demands physical presence—these people feel the need to be around each other, even if they are not interacting. They enjoy each other's company, and there is often a fair share of tenderness and care between one another. When challenging, the Moon person may at times find the Venus person a little too playful at the expense of his or her own feelings. The Venus person may be tempted to turn on the charm when the Moon person is having problems instead of sincerely confronting and resolving problems. Glossed-over problems can undermine the integrity of the relationship and of the emotional commitment.

Venus-Mercury interaspects:
    These interaspects are helpful for creating some common interests between the individuals. These people may enjoy happy exchanges and pleasurable, shared activities. Generally, there is a lot of "talk" in the relationship. Hard aspects (opposition, square, and quincunx) point to misunderstandings that disrupt the flow of the relationship. There can be complaints that each person talks a little too much. There is such a strong desire to communicate with each other stimulated by these aspects that it can sometimes seem like each person is vying for the stage, or the chance to speak.

Venus-Venus interaspects:
    The conjunction, sextile, and trine point to compatibility in relationship values and styles. There can be a wonderful feeling of ease and comfort with each other. With the trine and sextile, although the partners' individual styles of expressing love and affection are different, they are similar enough to feel much in common, and dissimilar enough to keep things interesting and dynamic. It is easy to be romantic with each other without feeling like they have hurt their partner's feelings with a style that is too aggressive or too passive, too intimate or too impersonal, and so forth. The quincunx creates a stimulating attraction, albeit a frustrating one at times. The opposition and square both point to attraction, but the attraction can be a frustrating one at times. The friction is caused by a lack of understanding due to different styles and needs in love, and the result can be both individuals feeling unappreciated. Partners should make every attempt to look beyond the style of relating and into each other's hearts.

Venus-Mars interaspects:
    These are classic aspects, although they can be rather troublesome. Any aspect between these planets in synastry points to sexual and romantic attraction. Sexual magnetism of an insistent quality is found in the conjunction. Sextiles and trines produce attraction that is not as insistent or competitive as the hard aspects. Rather, the attraction is smooth and pleasant. However, the square, opposition, and quincunx can cause friction at the same time. There is considerable attraction, but over time, this sexual energy can become disruptive when left unchecked. Remember that the more difficult aspects have great value in that they stimulate people. Arguments often augment the sexual act in some way. The square tends to be the most troublesome interaspect between Venus and Mars—sexual attraction exists and is powerful, but sex is often delayed as the couple tends to engage in arguments that take time to work out before they do what they really want to do. Here, sex is probably the root of the arguments, even if this is not immediately apparent. These couples may try to resolve this conflict by attempting to consciously let down their defenses, turn off their egos, and just have sex. This way, they may find that they have much less to argue about. The reason for this is that the square gives tremendous physical attraction and tension that is very often disguised and mis-channeled. The Venus person is easily hurt or offended by Mars. At times, the Mars person's direct approach is fully appreciated, but other times, the Venus person is offended by it.

Venus-Jupiter interaspects:
    These aspects are generally quite helpful in any relationship. The presence of flowing aspects between these planets in synastry can help smooth out any relationship. Forgiveness is a key strengthening factor with this interaspect. See the discussion of Jupiter in Synastry below for more details.

When Venus contacts the outer planets—Saturn, Uranus, Neptune, and Pluto—you will find very dynamic interactions that evolve over time. When a relationship lasts long enough to let these energies play out completely, increased understanding and connection are possible.

Venus-Saturn interaspects:
    When challenging, these interaspects can be difficult to deal with, but effort put forth to understand the interplays will result in enormous increases in understanding of the partners both individually and as a couple. There is often a strong need to be with each other. With the troublesome aspects (opposition and square), the sexual relationship may start out just fine, but later can become unpredictable, stunted, or sporadic. Spontaneity is lost, and this is generally due to power struggles in the day-to-day life of the couple. The Venus person often feels oppressed and restricted by the Saturn person. In fact, Venus may feel criticized and nagged, and Saturn may feel an unhealthy need to control and restrict the Venus native. This general conflict can lead to problems in the bedroom. With the sextile and trine, however, there is a steady and stable quality to the love and affection for each other, but some reserve or self-consciousness regarding the expression of feelings, romantic desires, and sexuality is present nevertheless.

Venus-Uranus interaspects:
    These aspects offer excitement and thrills. The problem with this aspect, which is most apparent when the aspect is a conjunction, square, opposition, or quincunx, is that there may be an overall dissatisfaction with each other. Although sex can be especially exciting—even ecstatic—with each other, the partners may easily become restless, as there is an unsettled feeling between the natives that is persistent. When one person (especially Venus) is feeling romantic and loving, the other person (usually Uranus) is distant. When the interaspect is a flowing one (sextile or trine), the relationship may also be somewhat erratic, but this quality pleases both individuals. They may delight in the fact that their partnership is a little offbeat, and never dull!

Venus-Neptune interaspects:
    These aspects are evolving and involving. They tend to play out over time in different ways. At first, the relationship is all-consuming. There is a feeling of soul connection. Slowly, realities surface themselves. Things do not seem as wonderful as they first appeared. Many couples with these aspects in synastry can overcome these little letdowns, as long as they let the relationship play out long enough. Eventually, they may find that the feelings come full circle. The difference is that they will come to realize that while what they loved the other person for at the outset of the relationship may not have been based on reality, they have the huge potential to love each other for who they really are. The difficult aspects (opposition, square, and quincunx) can result in disappointment and bitterness. Read more details about Venus-Neptune aspects in synastry.

Venus-Pluto interaspects:
    These aspects point to intense and magnetic attraction. They figure strongly in relationships that are long-lasting and significant. Love with these people is intense and transforming. This interaspect demands physical presence. When the natives are apart from each other, jealousies can arise. The difficult aspects generally play out as an emotional rollercoaster ride, with extreme swings from loving intensely to antagonism.

Venus-Chiron interaspects:
    These aspects are powerful indeed. Look for the conjunction, trine, and sextile, in particular, as an indicator of true love. There is a healing quality to the relationship—one in which the natives feel that the love they have can heal the wounds they might have accumulated in relationships past. These people feel a strong need to be together, set up house together, and go the distance with each other. There can be a true feeling of joy in the love they share with one another. When the aspect is challenging, however, there can be irrational behavior and reactions to each other that are based on wounds of the past, carried forward into the present relationship.

This is from www.skyviewzone.com/lovematc...house.htm :
    Mars in a partner's first house:

When your Mars is in your romantic partner's first house, you tend to be direct in your approach. Your partner also feels more assertively self centered, desirous of freedom and more willing to challenge you. When your relationship partner’s Mars is in your first house, you feel inspired by him or her to be more aggressive, focus on your interests first, and have greater energy and desire to go after what you want.

Mars in a partner's second house:

When your Mars is in your romantic partner's second house, you seek to exert an influence in the way your partner handles financial matters. This can make him or her impatient and tenacious about the right to make and spend money the way he or she sees fit without your input or interference. When your relationship partner’s Mars is in your second house, you may feel that your partner is trying to take over handling both yours and his or her own finances. This will likely be a source of friction between you and can easily lead to numerous lively arguments.

Mars in a partner’s third house:

When your Mars is in your romantic partner’s third house, you have mentally stimulating interactions, but your domestic relationship may begin to resemble a long running debate with lots of points scored on both sides, but few settled victories. You both just can’t seem to pass up a challenge and have to verbalize opinions. When your relationship partner’s Mars is in your third house, you enjoy a bit of verbal sparing and have a great deal that you can learn from each other, once you get beyond his or her impatience to get to the central issue and get done with it.

Mars in a partner's fourth house:

When your romantic partner’s Mars is in your fourth house, you excite, arouse, and challenge each other. Family comes first, and both of you have your own ideas about when and how domestic issues should be handled. You are willing to argue you point at any time, in any place, being first to try to overpower your partner's opinions and overcome his or her objections. When your relationship partner's Mars is in your fourth house, hot debate is as often as not just part of the foreplay of your sexual mix. You are really on two sides of the same noisy family. Woe to anyone who attempts to challenges the two of you about how you should run your relationship.

Mars in a partner's fifth house:

When your Mars is in your romantic partner's fifth house, you stimulate his or her sense of playfulness and sexual desires. Creative projects which showcase your partner’s talents are indicated. When your partner’s Mars is in your fifth house, the two of you really enjoy playing games together, in bed as well as outdoors. You actively enjoy each other’s company and inspire self expression.

Mars in a partner's sixth house:

When your Mars is in your romantic partner’s sixth house, you are stimulated to help him or her with domestic chores but you may find you stimulate a work comes first attitude. This may not prove to be a whole lot of fun for now, but the two of you can really focus on and accomplish your more practical mutual goals. When your relationship partner’s Mars is in your sixth house, you can find yourself being more impatient and argumentative with each other when working on projects, but you will enjoy assisting each other.

Mars in a partner's seventh house:

When your Mars is in your romantic partner’s seventh house, you find yourself naturally trying to take charge of the relationship. Your partner tends to put you first, but you both can be more combative and competitive with each other than you are normally. When your relationship partner’s Mars is in your seventh house, you partner’s aggressive tendencies can be both stimulating or inhibiting, depending upon your willingness to argue and stand up for your rights in the relationship.

Mars in a partner's eighth house:

When your Mars is in your romantic partner's eighth house, you are sexually hot or cold depending upon a complex web of intense emotional circumstances. Jealousy, loyalty, passion, anger and desire are interwoven into an intimate obsession, raising power and security issues between you. When your relationship partner’s Mars is in your eighth house, there is something mysterious, intriguing, and charismatic about your partner which causes you to unwittingly tend to put your partner’s priorities first. This may leading to later feelings of anger and resentment. Whatever you experience, you will be urged to act upon your impulses. Your sexual bonding inspires a focus on intimacy and a willingness to penetrate to the essence, uncover secrets, and fight for what you want and for who and what you feel belongs to you.

Mars in a partner's ninth house:

When your Mars is in your romantic partner's ninth house, you challenge your partner’s religious and philosophical beliefs with your opinions in a way which makes him or her more willing to stand up for principles than give in to you. When your relationship partner’s Mars is in your ninth house, he or she may attempt to force ideas upon you which negate what you believe in.

Mars in a partner's tenth house:

When your romantic partner's Mars is in your tenth house, you aggressively push his or her ambitions and career goals in a way which stimulates your partner’s ambitions and impatience to succeed now at any risk. This approach can create difficulties with authority figures where he or she is employed. When your relationship partner’s Mars is in your tenth house, your partner’s influence may become too demanding, forcing you to become hypercritical of yourself and your co-workers.

Mars in a partner’s eleventh house:

When your Mars is in your romantic partner’s eleventh house, you will want to collaborate on committees, community affairs, or in some kind of business. Your aggressive attitude may stimulate your partner to impatience and anger if things do not go your way socially. Whether you are effective partners and team members or likely to become adversarial competitors will depend on your ability to create intellectual harmony between yourselves. When your romantic partner’s Mars is in your eleventh house, you both enjoy participating in social groups that contribute to society where your confidence and completive drive make your efforts a catalyst for innovative change.

Mars in a partner's twelfth house:

When your Mars is in your romantic partner’s twelfth house, you enjoy your time alone together. You partner will share his or her innermost feelings with you and feels less inhibited in your company. When your relationship partner’s Mars is in your twelfth house, you can become angry with the way your partner pressures you to reveal very intimate details of your life experience, yet you tend to comply because you feel physically and emotionally bonded to your partner beyond all others.

Venus 1st house
    Venus in partner's first house shows identification with each other emotionally. There is generally a sharing of social, artistic, and musical interests. This placement usually denotes a harmonious relationship and often results in a strong romantic attraction that can lead to marriage.If the aspects to this Venus are difficult one, over-possessiveness, or the stimulation of jealousy or envy may be present. This does not deny the strong romantic link, though they may be punctuated from time to time by quarrels and emotional upsets.

Venus 2nd house
    Venus in partner's second house is more often associated with business partners, or with those have financial dealing with each other. There is a compatibility when it comes to making money together. If the aspects of Venus are not good, you can make some bad financial decisions and expenditures together. Whatever you do together will probably be tied to some financial consideration.

Venus 3rd house
    Venus in partner's third house denotes very harmonious communication, often in fields such as poetry, literature, or art. You have a chance for a good relationship if only because you are tactful, diplomatic, and considerate of each other. You share interests in books, television, or perhaps just idle gossip.

Venus 4th house
    Venus in partner's fourth house emphasizes the home. It suggests a generally peaceful situation in the domestic scene, and brings harmony into the family life. For a couple living together, the home atmosphere is usually preferred to going out for dining, entertainment, or social activities. The art of cooking will be an important part of this relationship. This combination helps bring harmony into the family life. This is a favorable combination for marriage and a peaceful, harmonious home life, especially in the later years.

Venus 5th house
    Venus in partner's fifth house is one of the strongest comparative combinations for romantic and sexual attraction. Marriage will be for love rather than money or status. There is much pleasure and romantic fulfillment associated with this placement. When the aspects to Venus in this comparison are somewhat difficult, it does not lessen the romantic inclination shown by the aspect, but they may produce jealousy and too much possessiveness.

Venus 6th house
    Venus in partner's sixth house often indicates social friendships established at work. You are able to work together harmoniously. You are apt to share interests in diet, cooking, arts and crafts. This is a good aspect to have between employer and employee, also.

Venus 7th house
    Venus in partner's seventh house suggests a strong romantic attraction that often leads to marriage. You are inclined to enjoy each other and interact harmoniously. You tend to like the same things and you are very considerate of one another's wants and desires.

Venus 8th house
    With Venus in the 8th house, feelings are apt to be very deep-rooted and the emotional reaction to each other in the relation will be very strong, for better or worse. This placement produces a very strong sexual attraction. This is not necessarily a guarantee of permanence, but rather a seductive allure and fascination that yields an especially significant physical combination.

Venus 9th house
    Venus in partner's ninth house suggests a mutual view of philosophy, religion, law, or higher education. You have many common interests in this regard. In a marriage or romantic relationship, one or both of you may try to convert the other to his or her religious or philosophical viewpoint. This would be done in order to establish greater harmony and compatibility in the relationship.

Venus 10th house
    Venus in partner's tenth house may denote a connection in the professional or business world, and an understanding of the importance of your careers. Material status is an important element in the relationship. The Venus person provides a sense of charm and diplomacy aiding the partner's career or status. This placement shows a tendency for the partner to place the Venus person on a "pedestal."

Venus 11th house
    Venus in partner's eleventh house is a favorable position for establishing social rapport and establishing common friends. Often the position shows that the relationship is based more on friendship than romance. Goals and objectives of both individuals may be similar and compatible.

Venus 12th house
    Venus in partner's twelfth house denotes close psychic and emotional link in the relationship. You are sympathetic and compassionate toward each other, and this may be the basis of the attraction.

Or you can go to www.astrology-numerology.com/syn...html for a look at The sun, the moon, venus, and mars in the houses. I'm checking out some books right now on the subject. If I get any new info I will update you.

Thu, May 15, 2008 - 10:23 PM
      Given a general familiarity with the qualities and forces typically associated with the signs, planets, houses and angles, I don't approach relationship chart analysis with a laundry list of things that are "supposed" to indicate challenges and/or compatabilities; but rather, I begin by looking at the natal, synastry and composite charts to see which aspects, etc. present themselves. Does that make any sense? It's like beginning by examining what you've got vs. what you do or don't hope to find. There are any number of ways that a growing and gratifying relationship could develop. I try to avoid pre-loading and simply begin by looking for the most apparent aspects (etc) first. You could see it as reading things FROM the charts rather than reading things INTO them.