Advertisement

Entrepreneur aspects?

topic posted Fri, May 6, 2011 - 4:53 AM by  MantisReligiosa
Share/Save/Bookmark
I'm curious if there are aspects in a chart that point to whether you would make a good businessman/woman. And if I have any..

I have always dreamed of something like having my own business, even though I strongly feel like I couldn't do it..mostly because I have no people skills..
here's my chart in Whole Sign House System: www.tribe.net/template/pub,PopPic.vm

and here's my chart in Placidus: www.tribe.net/template/pub,PopPic.vm
Advertisement
  • Unsu...

Re: Entrepreneur aspects?

Fri, May 6, 2011 - 9:26 AM

You have a Gemini Midheaven, and so Mercury rules you 10th house. It also rules your 1st house because of your Ascendant in Virgo

Your chart ruler/midheaven ruler Mercury
    conjunct/oppose lunar nodes - emotional connections,associations
    square Mars - friction with assertion,passion,physical drive
    square Jupiter - friction with expansion,judgment,beliefs
    sextile Uranus - support independence,innovation,change

It would seem that you would have the opportunity to be independent in your career but you will have to make sure that you manage your actions and judgment well. Those could be challenges for you. Your career could involving make connections,associations that will help you on your path.

Mercury is also in alignment with royal star, Alpha Piscis Austrinus Fomalhaut which could indicate that your career could involve fame and success with the challenge of keeping your ideals noble
    • Unsu...

Fri, May 6, 2011 - 9:30 AM

I should also add

your chart ruler/midheaven Ruler Mercury is in 6th
      your 2nd house ruler Venus is in 6th

your 6th house traditional ruler Saturn is in 4th
      Your 6th house traditional ruler Uranus is in 4th

It would look like you could have an occupation that involves being of service and it could involve domestic goods/services
      • Re: Entrepreneur aspects?

Fri, May 6, 2011 - 2:53 PM
        yes, I have been fantasizing about organic farming, but dunno..lots of hard work in that.
        • Unsu...

Fri, May 6, 2011 - 3:17 PM
          Nothing worthwhile is easy. If you're afraid of hard work, you won't even do very well as an employee imo. The alternative is to find a way to collect money from the state for the rest of your life, and I wouldn't blame you for doing that at all. At least then you have the time to make art, create a snappy website, or be a perpetual student until you figure out something that intrigues you enough to make a living at it.

Some wise person said that it's not a bad thing to not know what you want to do when you're 20, or even 30. This person said that some of the most interesting people s/he knew didn't know what they wanted to do until after they turned 40, lol. Just be true to yourself, and the chips will fall where they're supposed to.

In some ways it's better to remain uncertain than to devote four years in college or a trade school learning to do make money doing something that will never ever make you happy. I don't know, though; I encourage people to learn to take lots of math and science classes while they figure things out, because then at least they'll be worth something in the job market when their lightbulb finally does go on.

Starting a business, though, will involve work. Hard work. Successful entrepreneurs work 7 days a week 365 days a year for the first 3-5 years before they start making a profit most times, at least in the US. If you lack people skills and don't want to go out and shake hands and smile and make people feel good, your job will be a million times harder.

Our own Lady Saber seems to be very successful, but she also seems very hard-working and personable. I doubt any obstacle would deter her from her purpose, and I wouldn't want to be in competition with such a tenacious and awesome force of nature. I'd much rather work for such a person.

Fri, May 6, 2011 - 3:27 PM
            true about the employee thing. But then nobody likes hard work. The trick is to find something worth the effort.

If you just work for the sake of work, it cannot make you happy, and I've heard that from workaholics themselves. I come from a Capricorn-heavy family, so basically except me,. everybody in my immediate family is or was at some point, a raging workaholic, and very miserable, of course.
            • Unsu...

Fri, May 6, 2011 - 3:41 PM
              "But then nobody likes hard work."

--Nope, I ♥ love ♥ hard work. It's truly liberating for me. The harder it is, the more gratifying. No guts, no glory! Bring it on! The higher the mountain, the greater the view!

"The trick is to find something worth the effort. "

--Aha! Yes! Agreed!

"If you just work for the sake of work, it cannot make you happy..."

--Nope, working for the sake of work is Karma Yoga, and it's the virtue of the 6th house which was mentioned in a previous thread. See my comments there if you have the stomach for it.

"...and I've heard that from workaholics themselves."

--They didn't heed the part about the trick being to work at something "worth the effort" imo. I'd say 99% of that "trick" depends more on one's attitude towards the work than what the work actually "is". If you have a lousy, lazy, self-obsessed attitude, yeah, you'll be a "workaholic" and you'll die a grasping, fear-based misanthrope. If you work with love and devotion knowing that work is it's own virtue, and every little bit helps everyone in some small way, you may never "die" imo.

"I come from a Capricorn-heavy family, so basically except me,. everybody in my immediate family is or was at some point, a raging workaholic, and very miserable, of course."

--LOL, yeah, when Capricorns fail to appreciate what work is for, and apply their gloomy Saturnine depression at the very lifeblood of existence, (i.e. Work), then you get misery squared. I wouldn't let that destroy your attitude towards work itself, though. Just do better than them at it and show them how stupid they were for not letting their work *work for them*.

That's about what I think.

(I detect immanent repulsion from you about Saturn and Capricorn energy, and I'll say this: embrace them both, and make them your friends, or they will forever torture you. If you don't tame the goat, the goat will tame you.)

Sun, May 8, 2011 - 4:28 AM
                "--Nope, working for the sake of work is Karma Yoga, and it's the virtue of the 6th house which was mentioned in a previous thread. See my comments there if you have the stomach for it. "

huh? what are you saying?

""The trick is to find something worth the effort. "

--Aha! Yes! Agreed! "

Of course the one thing that is always worth the effort is survival, but I'm not there..yet.

"They didn't heed the part about the trick being to work at something "worth the effort" imo. I'd say 99% of that "trick" depends more on one's attitude towards the work than what the work actually "is". If you have a lousy, lazy, self-obsessed attitude, yeah, you'll be a "workaholic" and you'll die a grasping, fear-based misanthrope. If you work with love and devotion knowing that work is it's own virtue, and every little bit helps everyone in some small way, you may never "die" imo. "

I'm not entirely sure if I get your gist here, but I can tell you have the typical idealization of work that I've seen Saturnians often displaying.
                Let me put it like this-there are people who always need to be "doing" something, need to feel useful and productive and stuff, even when there's not much to be done, or even when they already have everything they need, and a bit on the side.

And I think that's a silly attitude, and it makes sense why people with lots of Saturn have this attitude, since Saturn is the sign of "excuse me for existing", so they constantly need to prove to themselves and others that they are "worthy".
                I have a more complacent attitude, I guess, and I can't tell if it's my early life environment, or my chart, or both, since they say astrology is the karma that will determine your present-life course, but the way I see it, I will work if I absolutely have no other choice of getting what I want. If I can get things by batting my eyelashes and being cute, I won't say no, because you have to "work for it".
                And, aside from that, I do have a very strong need for security that often paralyzes me, which is why I stick to stuff that seems easy to do, just to ensure a stable position in life, when, in fact, my DESIRES pull into a totally diferent direction.
                If I were to go after what I really wanted, I'd get into biology, but I can't possibly do that, because it doesn't ensure a decent paying job, especially since teaching nowadays is more dangerous than being in the army.

My parents, well, my father, especially had the exact same "Saturnian" attitude. And maybe it wasn't work that made him miserable, but the fact that he never got appreciated to his true value. With his intellect and aptitude for both physical labour and mental focus, he could've easily worked for NASA, but had the misfortune to be born in Romania, and was trapped in the communist regime, where he was not only not appreciated, but actually criticised for being an intellectual, since communism(or at least the type we had here) persecuted intellectuals throughout its entire reign of terror. So my father, being a weapon engineer specialized in planes, made half the money that a tractor-driver made per month.
                So, he did work for something he believed in, but I guess outside factors prevented his happiness.

My older sister, however, is a self-confessed workaholic. My mother, as well. My sister, like me, went for a profession because it pays well, not because she really liked it, and despite the fact that she managed to rise up in the hierarchy of a multi-national company, and has actually just be named project manager, after working there as an IT expert for almost a decade, and she is STILL unhappy.
                My sister has Moon, Mercury, and Venus in Capricorn, with Moon conjunct Mercury. But her Sun is in Aquarius, Mars in Gemini, both making a grand trine with Pluto in Libra, so you can see that being a project manager may cater to her "needs"(Moon), but does not cater to her inner purpose(Sun)

"(I detect immanent repulsion from you about Saturn and Capricorn energy, and I'll say this: embrace them both, and make them your friends, or they will forever torture you. If you don't tame the goat, the goat will tame you.) "

Is that a threat? lol. Yes, I do have a Saturn-Neptune conjunction, a tight one, in Capricorm, so I guess they battle for supremacy. Saturn in the rocks, Neptune is the waves.
                Uranus is also loosely conjunct both, from a 7 degree orb, and that would be..me...stuck in between the rocks and the waves, not knowing which way to go.
            • Unsu...

Fri, May 6, 2011 - 3:42 PM
              "But then nobody likes hard work."

--Nope, I ♥ love ♥ hard work. It's truly liberating for me. The harder it is, the more gratifying. No guts, no glory! Bring it on! The higher the mountain, the greater the view!

"The trick is to find something worth the effort. "

--Aha! Yes! Agreed!

"If you just work for the sake of work, it cannot make you happy..."

--Nope, working for the sake of work is Karma Yoga, and it's the virtue of the 6th house which was mentioned in a previous thread. See my comments there if you have the stomach for it.

"...and I've heard that from workaholics themselves."

--They didn't heed the part about the trick being to work at something "worth the effort" imo. I'd say 99% of that "trick" depends more on one's attitude towards the work than what the work actually "is". If you have a lousy, lazy, self-obsessed attitude, yeah, you'll be a "workaholic" and you'll die a grasping, fear-based misanthrope. If you work with love and devotion knowing that work is it's own virtue, and every little bit helps everyone in some small way, you may never "die" imo.

"I come from a Capricorn-heavy family, so basically except me,. everybody in my immediate family is or was at some point, a raging workaholic, and very miserable, of course."

--LOL, yeah, when Capricorns fail to appreciate what work is for, and apply their gloomy Saturnine depression to the very lifeblood of existence, (i.e. Work), then you get misery squared. I wouldn't let that destroy your attitude towards work itself, though. Just do better than them at it and show them how stupid they were for not letting their work *work for them*.

That's about what I think.

(I detect immanent repulsion from you about Saturn and Capricorn energy, and I'll say this: embrace them both, and make them your friends, or they will forever torture you. If you don't tame the goat, the goat will tame you.)
              • Unsu...

Fri, May 6, 2011 - 3:43 PM
                %#^#%^#!!!

Back edit thingy has failed me lately, and all to correct one word. That's what I get for being a picky writer, but still, go with #2, lol...

Sat, May 7, 2011 - 6:05 AM
            Well my Mars in the 10th house in its domicile doesn't make me necessarily good at being at entrepreneur I think, but it's helped me survive through tough times. Uranus on MC ensures that I can't get employment anywhere else except independently lol.

I think in my case it's really about survival; not quite a choice.

"Nothing worthwhile is easy." Ditto.

Sat, May 7, 2011 - 6:21 AM
              @ Lady....

Hilarious!

Interestingly enough I have Mars in the 10th house( in accidental exaltation) and in it's domicile( in Aries) and I would say that the planet of war and leadership has gotten me into more than enough battles at work and everyday I struggle with just completely blowing the facility in which I work( just joking :P) and darting off into my own business direction and supporting myself through my spiritual and metaphysical work(i.e. astrological and psychical practices).

I think having Uranus on the MC ensures that you would continuously find yourself either alienated, exiled, or revolting from any employment opportunities even if the chance crashed through the roof of your house and knocked you over the head!

On a more serious note having Uranus on the MC reflects a highly worthy duty for you on this planet. For you could find yourself held responsible for outlining or interpreting universal(languages)(systems) blueprints or guidelines from which several people would follow in order to advance through life enlightened and more "awake". These blueprints you use to guide people could easily come in the form of astrology, numerology, or something as mundane as technology or even simpler. Whatever the case you would be held to sharing with humanity the wealth of information the universe possesses.

You have a brilliant destiny to consider!

Sun, May 8, 2011 - 4:34 AM
              Yes, I was about to say about the survival thing..but, also, I read from your profile page that you work in PR, which is all about people..not all businesses are about people, like that.
              I had a great-grandfather who managed to make a small fortune by opening a small bakery. Of course, in time, it went from small to big..lol.

Fri, May 6, 2011 - 3:42 PM
          Hello Mantis.

Before lending my interpretation of your chart I would just like to answer the opening question you posed at the top of thread.

You had asked what astrological influences/placements denote entrepreneurial skills and so to answer that question first I must say that naturally having an abundance of planets in the earth signs/houses( Taurus,Virgo, Capricorn, 2nd, 6th, and 10th) would make for an enterprising individual with a natural ability to secure funds(Taurus) employ flexible skill sets and services for a vacillating work environment(Virgo) and manifest results and achieve concrete goals( Capricorn).

However, when it comes down to being able to root your own personal business I really do believe that it would take either the ability to conceive/devise( Air/Mercury) the infrastructure of your business or the ability to imagine/dream or envision( Water/Neptune) the entire goal at hand you would like to manifest.

A dream or plan without, an ability to follow-up with it through taking a methodical and logical course of action to make your dream into a reality would prove as insufficient and cause you to simply be deluded in the ideal of a dream that will never come to pass.

But, having Saturn , the planet of Reality in an intense unity(conjunction) to the planet of Dreams( Neptune) in a personal house( the house of birth,fruition, and nourishment(4th house) at that) could represent entrepreneurial gifts to the extent of being able to instantly materialize even the wildest of dreams you could imagine.

I believe that your chart doesn't show traditional or easily recognized indications of entrepreneurial talent but, it certainly does show it in a complex and, in my opinion, the most powerful way.

I agree with Raymond when he notes that you could very well succeed at having a domestic organization or business.

The 4th house is a family-oriented house as you know but, also relates to landscaping and growing crops or providing food, safety, security, and nourishment for another. In essence you would do very well to be a mother, just not in the traditional way, but, rather a mother of the lands tending to her earth.

I strongly urge you to have faith in yourself and proceed with the business you intend to begin.
          You will do wonderfully!.

Fri, May 6, 2011 - 3:49 PM
            In some ways I do agree with what the gentleman above had written when he mentioned that he senses a subtle adversity towards Capricorn principles and this is in someway reflected by Saturn being in the Moon/Cancer's home(The 4th house).
            Saturn is also the planet of setbacks or traditionally known as representing restriction and where it lies can show us where we may find ourselves stuck and being that the 4th house is also a comfort house you could very well be resistant to employing yourself in the corporate run-around of Capricorn's home(10th house) in which structures are built and not inherited like at the 4th house.

I feel that you will truly have to tap into the sincerity of your soul and do as you mentioned and make certain that the work you intend to commence is done because it is something you deeply care about and feel a spiritual reverence towards to some degree.

Sun, May 8, 2011 - 4:42 AM
            Hey, Dionysus,

thank you for your input...well, technically speaking, I do have 3 planets in Capricorn(Saturn, Uranus, and Neptune), plus a Virgo Rising in the Capricorn Decan, plus Saturn trine AC, sextile Venus, sextile Pluto.
            And then, depending on which house system you use, I have Mercury and Venus in the 6th, or Moon, Mars, Jupiter in the 10th.

"The 4th house is a family-oriented house as you know but, also relates to landscaping and growing crops or providing food, safety, security, and nourishment for another. In essence you would do very well to be a mother, just not in the traditional way, but, rather a mother of the lands tending to her earth. "

Yes, it's good..but I am still going back-and-forth in between the 5th and 4th houses, meaning between Whole Sign, and Placidus. Truth is, I can see both Saturn in the 5th and Saturn in the 4th working, and I also have 5th house in Capricorn, regardless of house system, which might explain it..dunno.
            The problem is that I have Saturn and Neptune both in 12 d Capricorn, so no matter where Saturn is, Neptune is there, too, together with Uranus in 5 d Capricorn, so it's difficult to tell the rocks from the fishes..kidding.
  • Unsu...

Fri, May 6, 2011 - 4:59 PM

A lot of people overlook the importance of the Midheaven which is known as the aim in life by cosmobiologists and uranian astrologers. It's known as the most important and personal point because it's the most time-sensitive. The Midheaven represents the moment,minute.

Mainstream astrologers focus on Midheaven as career

Your Midheaven
    squares your Moon/Uranus midpoint - '21
    squares your Jupiter/Uranus midpoint - '16
    squares your Mars/Uranus midpoint - '02

this indicates that your aim in life is connected to the integration of higher neurological processing with emotions,feelings,instrincts,expansion,judgment,beliefs,assertion,passion,and physical drive.

Those midpoint pictures can show strong potential for being an entrepreneur

The following are interpretations from Ruth Brummond's Rulebook of Planetary Pictures:

Midheaven square Moon/Uranus
    MC.MO.UR.
    + attentive. alert. curious. future-oriented. spontaneous. eccentric. technically skilled. gifted with rhythm. likes that which is new and current. progressive.
    Event with my wife. Excitement of or due to the wife. Adventurous time. Personal surprise among the public. Energetic hours.
    - tense. easily upset. short-tempered. touchy. unsettled. turbulent. impatient. restless. erratic. spasmodic. disruptive.
    To experience emotional tension.

Midheaven square Mars/Uranus
    MC.MA.UR.
    + high-spirited. capricious. energetic. has quick reactions. follows one's own path. craves freedom. innovative. reformist. technically skilled. handy. future-oriented.
    To become suddenly active. Spontaneous action. Excitement in work. To contribute to adventure. To carry out reforms. Technical profession. To proceed intuitively.
    - impulsive. rash. restless. lacking in self-control. hot-tempered. inconsiderate. off-balance; erratic. forceful; violent in worst cases.
    To create tension. To create unrest. Desire to accomplish things quickly. To behave rashly.

Midheaven square Jupiter/Uranus
    MC.JU.UR.
    + keenly perceptive. resourceful. inventive. intuitive. perceptive about financial matters. clever. nimble. fair. just. skilled with mathematics or technology. reformist. future-oriented.
    My successful event. Sudden good luck. My event with earnings. Money is like an adventure for me. Sudden good fortune. Surprising profits. To be unexpectedly favored. Sudden happiness and optimism.

Sat, May 7, 2011 - 1:05 AM
      Thank you, Raymond. I WAS quite skilled at maths, but haven't really worked on that for almost 4 years, so dunno.

But the rests of tha description doesn't quite suit me.

I would very much like to hear about the heavy Midpoints involving Saturn and Neptune and Moon-Mars-Jupiter being conjunct my Sun, though.
      The Reinhold Ebertin escriptions for those were quite bleek, since both Saturn and Neptune are seen as "malefic".

and I have Sun=Moon/Saturn=Moon/Neptune=Mars/Saturn=Mars/Neptune=Jupiter/Saturn=Jupiter/Neptune

I would really like to hear about the Mars/Saturn=Sun and Mars/Neptune=Sun.

And I also have Sun/Uranus=Pluto.

Sat, May 7, 2011 - 4:28 AM
        In rereading your post I feel I neglected to answer your question in a quick, clear, and concise manner and so therefore I will add some additional points for you to acknowledge.

Entrepreneurial aspects would include the following:

3 or more planets/points in Earth signs-
        Several planets in the 10th house-
        Several planets in aspect to Saturn in both a balance of positive and negative aspects-
        Several planets in the 2nd house-
        Mercury contacts to Jupiter or in the 9th-

I believe that in order to truly understand the planets and placements involved in denoting one with or reflecting entrepreneurial talents we must understand the root or definition of entrepreneurship.

By definition entrepreneurship is a process of identifying, evaluating, and seizing an opportunity while also, bringing together the resources necessary for success.

Beginning with the first process involved in entrepreneurship, identification is a process I( and most astrologers) would associate with Mercury. Therefore it seems that it would be necessary for an individual to have Mercury placed in the 9th house( The House of Experience/Exploration) or to have Mercury influenced or associated with Sagittarius or Jupiter.
        Having such a placement would make the individual conscious of beneficial opportunities, but, this doesn't necessarily mean that it would be a business opportunity the individual with these astrological associations would aware of, which thus leads us to the second step in the entrepreneurial process.
        Evaluation.

Evaluating an opportunity is similar to judging it , weighing it's value. personal benefit and is very similar to the function of Venus outside of the context of a romantic pursuit. Venus rules Taurus, the sign of wealth, profit, and material worth as well as Libra the sign of social balance, refinement, and agreement. Having a proper Venus function would mean that we would take into consideration whether or not an opportunity would be worth our time, resources and money, generate a profit(Taurus) as well as. bring balance, a peace of mind, pleasure, and gratification( Libra). Weighting options on the Scales of Libra's Judgement is most certainly in accordance to this second step and would thus warrant an active and perhaps prominent Venus placement within the chart.

Next we have Seizing the opportunity which could easily be represented by several planets but for some reason Mars sticks out as the one planet that is not afraid to attack, jump, run, or ram directly towards whatever it decides to go after including opportunity itself. Mars is the planet of power, force, projection, movement, and initiation and it is necessary to initiate action and to simply start something. Acting on an opportunity is what seizing it means and Mars is the planet that represents this function so I believe that having a prominent Mars/Aries influence or placement in the chart could be another key necessary to unlocking/representing anyone's given entrepreneurial talents.

Again I must stress that I believe that each of these planets still should make an aspect to Saturn or be situated in the 10th or be linked to the 10th house via aspects in that the 10th house is the house of achievement/success and Saturn represents our capacity to shape, form, and organize/ control our world and thus our own destinies.

So I hope this better answers your question Mantis and if not I am sure someone else can benefit from it:).

Sat, May 7, 2011 - 6:19 AM
          Great, explanation, Dion.

My chart:

3 or more planets/points in Earth signs- Saturn in Virgo, peregrine, Moon in Capricorn, detriment
          Several planets in the 10th house- Mars, Uranus and Venus, Mars is domicile, Uranus is exalted, Venus in its detriment
          Several planets in aspect to Saturn in both a balance of positive and negative aspects- Mars sextiling Saturn, Saturn sextiling MC, fairly wide orbs
          Several planets in the 2nd house- No planets in the 2nd house, although it has to be said that Jupiter is ruler of my 2nd house and he's in my sixth house of hard work in Leo
          Mercury contacts to Jupiter or in the 9th- Mercury in the 9th house in Libra, combust, Mercury sextiling Neptune in the 11th house (Sagittarius)

Sat, May 7, 2011 - 6:39 AM
            Thank you Lady Saber( I do not want to come off as being offensive by calling you Lady btw).

I have a close friend that has owned her own business and supports herself financially through, well I should say "them" in that she has several businesses! She has Venus, Mercury, Jupiter, and the Sun either in the 10th or all conjunct the Midheaven in Aquarius!
            Go figure being an Astrologer is one of the many titles she possesses!

She has Saturn in Virgo and in the 2nd house with the Moon in Capricorn in the 8th interestingly enough!

Out of curiosity( or straight Mercury in Gemini nosiness!) what business is it that you own?

Sun, May 8, 2011 - 6:17 AM
          Identification-Evaluation-Seizing the opportunity..!

That was such a great explanation Dionysis..Damn, we have good writers here o_O

I am very much interested in becoming an entrepreneur partly becuase I hate to work under someone ( Uranus in 6th, * i am sure my idea is better than the boss' * lol) But, oh how I hate dealing with people in real life..I am working on it you know. Even pulled out some arbit old book all browned and worn out ' How to influence people and gain friends' by Dale Carnegie. Not that I am very interested in gaining new friends, I have one or 2 good ones but positive influence and the ability to convince people with your ideas is defn important..

So add that...THE POWER OF CONVINCING..a stubborn mercury perhaps?

Also an emphasis in Cardinal signs or houses?

And also here comes the importance of Fire signs- not too security conscious and the ability to take risks..

Sun, May 8, 2011 - 6:19 AM
            I think Fire+ Earth is usually an Entrepreneurial combination more than any other elemental combinations??

Sun, May 8, 2011 - 6:50 AM
              "The absent function manifests psychologically most often in two ways. It is a source of great creativity, and it tends to be so in terms of overcompensation. A person with a missing element or modality is likely to be an overachiever in terms of the element or modality. He may be rather obsessed, driven to do something creative with it. The other response is to let the absent function become the source of the shadow, that repressed part of the self that is a source of great annoyance when it is encountered in other people. For example, a man with no occupied water signs may find himself inordinately offended or upset by emotional, sentimental weeping people, especially women or ethnic minorities whose culture permits much more emotional expressiveness than his mainstream standards allow."

HA. Suck on that little piece of info, you arogant, self-absorbed Fire people.

Sun, May 8, 2011 - 7:22 AM
              Shinobi

"I think Fire+ Earth is usually an Entrepreneurial combination more than any other elemental combinations?? "

You beat me to it. Fire and earth and the two elements that combine to give great entrepeneurial skill. Fire brings inspiration and vision and earth brings the capacity to actually make it work.

Mon, May 9, 2011 - 12:36 AM
            @Shinobi

Thank you Shinobi! I don't think I am a good writer but, sufficient enough to get my point across.

However, I think you added a brilliant contribution in that the union of both pursuit(fire) and destination(earth) are necessary components that make the difference between actually being an entrepreneur versus simply yearning(water) or planning(air) to be.

I should also note that, simply running aimlessly without a goal in mind would be the result of having a fire influence without a grounded goal an earth influence would give. Investing finances, purchasing business-related products(taurus), cleaning out or making space for the new "office" room(virgo), as well as adhering to the title of an entrepreneur(capricorn) isn't going to make it so unless the necessary course of actions such as actually opening the business to the public(aries), or putting your products up for show or on display(leo) are taken.

I do agree that having a nice, fixed Mercury in the master-mapping sign of Aquarius( or any other fixed) sign would definitely serve as a plus in making certain that the individual can actually "stick" to the plan(mercury) they conceived of.

You are right on again with the Cardinal influence!

You have touched on some really important factors I missed Shinobi!

Thanks for stretching my mind a bit wider( although my head is already too big!)

Sat, May 7, 2011 - 5:01 AM
      I couldn't agree with you more Raymond. Being that my acknowledgement of astrology was rooted in the origins of spirituality I have always felt that my approach or understanding of it was a bit different from traditional,modern, and mainstream astrologers alike. Not better or worse, but, just different.

I to have conceived of the Midheaven as representing our universal contribution or our spiritual duty. The complex subtleties of what the Midheaven represents are often overlooked and ruled out due to the material focus of our mundane world where adhering(being restricted to something in Saturnian fashion) to and deciding upon one's title, career, or traditional professional duty is the only reality that matters.

An aim can be thought of as a reality in which we seek to manifest. This, in many ways, hints at the latent ability we possess to shape the order of the universe which is more or less prominent depending upon whether or not we actually have any aims at all.
      The Midheaven in this view would then not only represent our careers, on the surface level that it does, but, rather represent the stepping stones stacked on upwards towards the highest manifestation of who and what it is we wish to represent within this world beyond the common grips of Saturn.

Saturn is however a transpersonal or universal planet and it's influence is just as misunderstood as that of Neptune and Pluto's.
      Saturn may very well represent Reality but, who's to say that there is only one?
      This reality may simply be the only one we are familiar with and associate Saturn with.
      I'm sorry but, something within the depths of my Moon in Pisces in the 9th house just feels( Moon) inexplicably(Pisces) that there is more out there than we can see(9th house).

Sat, May 7, 2011 - 6:38 AM
    Based on the whole house system, you have Venus exalted in Pisces in the 7th house of relationships; I find it hard to believe that you don't have people skills, or perhaps you might develop them later.

You have a lot of activity in the 10th house Gemini, ruler is also in the 7th house of relationships and communications although in its detriment in Pisces.

I have a feeling that you might have a transit that will activate these energies in your chart.

Sat, May 7, 2011 - 6:59 AM
      @Mantis

I would have to say that with a realistic studying of your chart, I don't see an abundance of factors that I would attribute to someone that could smoothly follow through with the course of actions that need to be taken beyond the dreaming phase of creating and owning a business.

The reason I say this is because you have an overabundance of planets in the Mutable quadruplicity including Mars which represents our impulsive and action function and in the sporadic/ ever-curious sign of Gemini you could very well find yourself here, there, and everywhere but, where you need to be in order to initialize, not the beginning steps, but, the long haul towards accomplishing your goals.

The setback I see in the chart isn't in your willingness to actually drop everything and travel as far as you must to pursue your dream(Mars/Moon/Jupiter in the 9th) but, it's rather in what I perceive to be your inability to shut out the surrounding stimuli of everything else that needs to be done(Virgo rising) before you can move on to your next task.

Another problem I see is that perhaps, an inherent fear(Saturn) of not being secure, and having a stable home base or foundation(Saturn in the 4th house) could prevent(Saturn) you from taking that vital step of liberation from the clutches of comfort(4th house) and perhaps a safe, source of income( your present job?).
      If you aren't working then perhaps the restriction may be in part due to the obligation you may feel you have towards taking care of either your parents or family members, your home, or even yourself(Saturn in the 4th again).

I think that as a counselor and even spiritual or healing advisor you would do very well provided the business is already rooted by someone else's hands( Venus conjunct the DC in Pisces).

That in and of itself could be a very enterprising and lucrative step towards entrepreneurship but, beyond that I don't really see the focus or "fixed" associations I would look for in the chart of an entrepreneur.

These are just my opinions and I hope you take them as just that, not as judgments or criticisms.

If you do not agree with them I hope on every level that you would not "settle" into what I believe your chart is spelling out to me but, rather do whatever it is you seek to do in life.

Until, next time!
      D.C.

Sun, May 8, 2011 - 5:16 AM
        "The reason I say this is because you have an overabundance of planets in the Mutable quadruplicity including Mars which represents our impulsive and action function and in the sporadic/ ever-curious sign of Gemini you could very well find yourself here, there, and everywhere but, where you need to be in order to initialize, not the beginning steps, but, the long haul towards accomplishing your goals. "

yes, everybody seems to think that if you have an abundance of Mutable energy in your chart, you can be just wrapped up and thrown to the dust bin.
        I actually have said this before, that I do not feel that Mutable at all..I don't know if it's the fact that all my Gemini planets are in the very first degree of the sign, so maybe I should add those as half Taurus, half Gemini..or maybe it is the few strong conjunctions I have involving Mars that make me quite bull-headed, and actually more rigid and stubborn, than flexible and restless.
        Or maybe I am Mutable, but in all the wrong ways..like tending to pursue more than one thing at a time, then failing to achieve either of those, which in turn just ends up being a step back instead of two steps ahead.

"The setback I see in the chart isn't in your willingness to actually drop everything and travel as far as you must to pursue your dream(Mars/Moon/Jupiter in the 9th) but, it's rather in what I perceive to be your inability to shut out the surrounding stimuli of everything else that needs to be done(Virgo rising) before you can move on to your next task."

I don't know about shutting down stimuli, but I can say for sure that physical energy is a problem.

"Another problem I see is that perhaps, an inherent fear(Saturn) of not being secure, and having a stable home base or foundation(Saturn in the 4th house) could prevent(Saturn) you from taking that vital step of liberation from the clutches of comfort(4th house) and perhaps a safe, source of income( your present job?).
        If you aren't working then perhaps the restriction may be in part due to the obligation you may feel you have towards taking care of either your parents or family members, your home, or even yourself(Saturn in the 4th again). "

uhhmm..yeah, that's pretty true. I need security, but in light of recent events, I have become more liberal in my views, meaning I am not too focused on being super-safe and having a cozy place to live in, since there is always something that can interfere with your plans, like an earthquake to pull doiwn your building, or a handfyl of thugs getting political power and actually stealing everything you've worked for your entire life(happened to my great-grandparents).
        So, dunno..the idea behind starting a business in my case is not just purely for profit, it's for building something solid, a well-tuned organism that can hopefull provide real service.

But..nevermind. lol. I'll just be an accountant.

Sun, May 8, 2011 - 4:52 AM
      well, regardless of house system, I have Venus conjunct DC, yes..but I also have Mars conjunct Moon and Jupiter, tightly, and squaring Mercury and North Node, which tens to make me a bit too blunt and naively honest.

Sun, May 8, 2011 - 6:13 AM
        This is me being intuitive, and not at all from calculations of your chart; but I tend to sense that you have not 'grown' into your chart yet or the energies have yet to manifest themselves fully and/ or positively. And then I suddenly remember that you are still in your early 20s and have a lot of time and opportunities to grow beyond what you assume to be a definition of yourself (Pluto/ Saturn tend to do that, I'm sure)

I've met Mars conjunct/ opposite moon people with hard aspects to Jupiter (I got Mars square Jupiter, too) who are also honest, but that doesn't meant that they can't be personable and they tend to run into conflicts with people with some transits, with a full moon and moon return, but that doesn't mean that they are devoid of people skills.

Jupiter squares with Mercury or anything I don't take to be necessarily bad and whatever Jupiter conjuncts, Jupiter tends to magnify but in some cases also soften.

Bottomline is, if you really want to pursue what you want to pursue than you should seek partnership with other people to bring your dreams to fruition, which is what Venus in exaltation on DC tells me instead of disregarding that possibility and not even trying.

Sun, May 8, 2011 - 6:54 AM
          Yes, thank you, Lady Saber.

You are probably right. Not just Venus, but, perhaps even more importantly, the Sun conjunct the DC shows I need to polish my social skills once and for all, so that hopefully, in my next life, I can come back as a dolfin.LOL

Other than that, one thing that I noticed about me, but that is probably true for everyone, is that I get things done when I basically stop thinking, and just follow my gut, which I think is showed in my chart through the Moon-Mars-Jupiter stellium squaring Mercury.
          So maybe I should just stop thinking all together.

Sun, May 8, 2011 - 7:03 AM
            Instead of following the Gemini tendency of scattering energies and thoughts; build on Gemini's fact gathering abilities to develop the mechanism of your project and how to work around things that don't work for you rather than argue for the sake of argument, which in most cases tend to run yourself into the ground and nothing gets done, just a lot of talk.

What's really best for you is, considering that you are also a Pisces and have lots of mutable energy, look for partners who support your ideals and reverberate of a similar energy to yours; people who don't only believe in what you're doing but also have the necessary expertise to put your ideas into fruition. You mustn't underestimate the Venusian/ Sun influence here, it's emotive and intuitive and you need to feel that what you do is worthwhile and not just some money-making venture for its own sake

This is when true growth comes, when you work on the positive part of your gifts rather than scatter them or just go with the flow without a proper goal/ focus and just dismiss things without even trying or thinking it through or talking it through with the right people. Building it is scary, but like all things worthwhile like growth, there's no shortcut.

Recent topics in "Astrology"