Advertisement

North Node in 8th House

topic posted Wed, March 21, 2007 - 12:15 PM by  Remi Love
Share/Save/Bookmark
A good friend of mine has her North Node in Aries in her 8th House. Does this mean that her North Node will take on Scorpionic qualities?
posted by:
Remi Love
New Jersey
Advertisement
  • Re: North Node in 8th House

Wed, March 21, 2007 - 1:22 PM
    This implies she is a Virgo Rising with her South Node in the Venus ruled Libra second house. If that is the case. This is a strong occult marking to put it mildly. The 2nd/8th axis is a challenge for the placement of the nodal axis. This is all about material/emotion drama and it has implications of a very deep responsibility for her deeper emotional uncovering. The Virgo Rising with this nodal axis will always call up " the witch ". She has lots of darker material to sort through and also to work with. There is certainly that necessity of Scorpionic qualities and if the 8th is ruled by Aries ( Mars ) then you can bet on a good amount of inner frustration necessary to get her stuff on the table of life. A Mars ruled 8th will demand things be put into action mode and the house postion of her natal Mars will show you some of how she needs to express. This house position of the nodes always implies a very powerful Karma and one must bow to it and take lots of responsibility in moderating and redifining your survival and deeper emotional journeys. Lots of potential for very deep caring and purposefulness in her relationships with others, but also alot of self understanding in a carefully constructed deeper sensing of herself...
    • Unsu...

Re: North Node in 8th House

Wed, March 21, 2007 - 12:29 PM
      James,

I have North Node in the 8th house as well but in Libra (opposite of this other person's placement);

can you tell me more about that?

Sat, March 24, 2007 - 3:55 PM
      Yes, James, so do I, N. Node in House 8 in libra with Pisces Rising. What can you tell me that means? Thanks
      Shelly

Sat, March 24, 2007 - 6:00 PM
        I certainly invest a strong meaning to the Nodal Axis and the signs and houses they are in.
        I have never felt that the nodal placement was ever not appropriate and valid for the person I was reading for. There are two nodal placements that I feel are far more challenging and they are the 2/8 and the 6/12. These nodal placements include the 8th and 12th house and these are very mysterious houses that contain alot of deeper concerns and being watery realms they have fear based material just through their reputation and many various interpretations.

Having Aries on the cusp of the second house with the south node within gives rulership of house 2 to Mars. The house ruled by Aries is the house of initiation and potency and implies the house in the birthchart that fires the whole system. The south node implies a place of past power and impulse and the point of least resistance. This is a comfort zone and where you find natural ability. This is the house of " survival ". A material house and the natal home of Taurus. A sensuous and earthy realm of security and self worth. Defining how you will get along in the world and put a roof over your head. A natural Venus ruled house. Putting Mars in charge of this rather material realm puts the warrior and the fire of potency in charge of primal needs of survival. You can use your imagination on that one. This gives alot of insistency to the house of needs and Mars is not shy to get what it needs.

The 8th house is the house of emotional and physical sharing of resourses and higher needs of survival. Essentially a giving house. The 2nd house from the 7th house of partnerships. Sexual/emotional learning and sharing. Also deeply occult/psychological.
        Rules biology, pathology, death, others money ie. banking/investing, underground mining, detective, medicine/surgeon. The inner rooting around and digging into deeper issues and meaning. Having Libra ( Venus ) on the cusp of the 8th relates this house and it's ultimate function to partnerships and the 7th house. Relationships. Love. The north node in the 8th needs time to grow into it's time and place and does not imply a sudden leap into the murky and complex 8th house. One must be ready for this transition and it comes over time and life experience. The nodal north in the 8th guarantees a deeper concern for one's own deeper psychological truths and in Libra it connects soundly to the principals of relationships and sharing and working in partnership for harmonious truths.

Remember that these are powerful houses of needs. Material/emotional. One is material and needy and the other is deeply caring of the emotional/security of others. One needs for itself and it's survival and the other side needs to support the journeys of others. They need their time and maturity to acknowledge each other and begin a process of balance. Spend a good amount of time in your understanding of the meaning and purpose of each of these astrological realms and tread each side with respect. The south node journey also needs it's expression and time to mature. The north node journey has it's own timetable to pull you into it's realm when it is your time to experience it.....

Mon, March 26, 2007 - 3:34 PM
          Thank You for this. I also want to add that with North Node of the Moon in Libra and in the 8th House
          Overcoming selfishness is the path of development for you in this life. You have too much concern for your money and your body and your time. Pay attention to what others need and be willing to sacrifice for the sake of a good relationship

So would the opposite be true for N. Node in Aries in the 8th house. Would this person simply need to become selfish and stop worrying about others???

Wed, March 28, 2007 - 10:40 AM
            Shelly

Sherpa posted a comment on north node Aries in the 8th further up in this post. It felt like a very good short interpretation.

I think, just off the cuff, without overthinking this placement, Aires is potency and impulse to act and that north node postion needs to take care of it's needs first and foremost. This does'nt necessarily imply self centred behaviour but implies some aggression in order to experience and output action and purposefulness. Often it is the case that a north node Aries in the 8th will still feel a need to involve themselves in the lives of others in some kind of supportive role. This puts fire in a water house and if this energy is not fulfilled or acted upon then there is the consequence of frustration. Fire/water=boiling. The best self therapy for dealing with matters pertaining to these important houses is to do the work necessary to comprehend the needs of both sides of the axis. It is perfectly sensible to give to yourself and give to others at the same time. On some level the natal position of Mars in the natal chart will speak more about expressing the emotional demands of the 8th house.

Thu, March 22, 2007 - 8:00 AM
    Christina, for additional information you may be interested in the following two tribes:

tribes.tribe.net/eighthhouse
    tribes.tribe.net/moonsnodes

Cheers!

Mon, August 6, 2007 - 10:31 AM
      I have north node in my 8th house in pisces and i have noticed in my life that i tend to attract piscean type women to me, one intense relationship was with a sun sign libra, but she was a lunar and ascendant piscean with venus scorp which i have too,and now one who is piscean sun with moon in cancer.I am asking here about what are the general effects of north node in the 8th house in pisces and is that the magnetic attraction for women who are piscean/scorpionic types ?,I definitely see the spiritual& emotional/sex connection that the 8th implies in these relationships right off the bat.But would like a good overview of these themes and what to expect.Thank you for your time and insight-
      Lucid Wolf
      10/22/1970 11:30pm Far Rockaway N.Y., if this helps any

Sun, March 25, 2007 - 11:34 AM
    thanks, james for the thoughts... very good. here's my take.

i have my n. node in the 8th. i've found that the more i let go of materialism and work to support others needs to support their dreams and goals, the more life works for me. i volunteered for the last couple years at a non-profit art gallery focused on emerging artists. i would actually quit/get fired from my paying jobs in order to support the gallery and artists. i was poorer than i've ever been in my life, often completely broke... but it's been amazing. and there was always someone there to buy me a meal or a drink.

my position was technically an installations facilitator (help artists design and build installations), but one artist called me the gallery therapist. this seems to embody alot of what this placement is about... understanding others' needs (physical and emotional) and balancing them with your own. giving up on the "american dream" of individuality and building community... learning to rely on others and to give of yourself... to not feel guilty about taking, and also to give freely knowing that you'll be taken care of. it seems like there's a complete "letting go" that needs to happen. this became absolutely necessary around the time of my saturn return. mine's in libra, which may intensify the focus on relationships and others... so i can't say exactly how aries would come into play. but i'd say there's a focus on sharing, giving and taking... a more cosmic view of sharing, you give and take without any concept of debt... knowing that what come's around goes around. and the more you give and take freely, the more your own goals are supported.
    • Unsu...

Sun, March 25, 2007 - 11:54 AM
      re: "8th House North Node in Aries"

The sense of purpose in this life may be thwarted by clinging too fast to security and status fixations and, habits of excessive familiarity. Not enough novelty. With every decision to let go of their attachment to the tried and true familiar habits that keep this person in a rut, tremendous psychic energy can be released for changing their lives towards development of the personality.

With Aries North Node, what can guide this person forward is the direct experience of their excitements. Excitements are visceral and require no plans, thoughts or feelings. Without firsthand knowledge of their excitements, however, this person can remain entrenched in a dry well of indecision and fence-sitting.

Decision-making can also activate the Aries North Node, as can integrating natal Mars (the depositor of this North Node) by daring to know what you want and going for it.

Sun, March 25, 2007 - 1:49 PM
      Exio

What sign is the north node in? Does the same sign rule the 8th? Any other planets in the 8th or second. It will be interesting to reread your post knowing the signs involved....

Mon, March 26, 2007 - 8:49 AM
        hey james... n. node is in libra. it's in a stellium with venus, pluto (interestingly, libra and 8th house rulers), vesta, and part of fortune, which conjuncts pallas (9th house scorpio). so alot of planets right there. but the 8th house is actually ruled by virgo, although most of it falls under libra. the second house is ruled by pisces (but mostly under aries), and empty except for eris in aries conjuncting my south node almost exactly. any thoughts would be interesting since this seems to be such a huge part of my chart. thanks.

Mon, March 26, 2007 - 3:12 PM
          Just a quick heads up on this Pisces/Virgo 2nd/8th house arrangement. You appear to have an intense and driven 8th house. I can't get into all the potentials of that rich collection of characters; you will get to it over time. At your age it is important to pay attention to balance within this axis of needs. With Pluto also residing in the 8th house there is some intense will and a deep investment in matters of the 8th house. It is often the case that Virgo/Pisces is the axis of serve and suffer. A hint of sado/masochism within it's influence.
          Pay attention to the natal location of Neptune/mercury by sign and house as they are the rulers of the 2n/8th. Neptune is important in this relationship. The second with Pisces on the cusp is often the perennial artist/non-materialist. Maters of money and sustenance can get fuzzy and imbued with Neptunes suffering self. Or put another way, Pisces on whatever cusp will attract a certain amount of impractical thinking and a high degree of unfocused energy more suited to giving away than gathering. The 2nd house has it's own needs of self worth and gathering your own goals and perspective of attaining a measure of self security. That is not to say what you are doing with regards to other's art and this supporting the work of others is not a postive and valid. It is putting your attention to viewing the Pisces side of the equation and being very aware of the energy flow between these two houses. Virgo on the 8th is very good with details and organizing on that side of supporting others efforts; especially the notion of helping others gather their own money and wealth.
          This in effect has it's own career attached to it as a viable art promoter or art dealer and Virgo works extemely well in this arrangement of things. To put a full measure of worth on this type of arrangement it's is most important to pay attention to practical monetary management and that function will need an awareness of that Pisces ruled 2nd house. Do some work with Neptune in your Natal chart and see what you come up with....

Tue, March 27, 2007 - 10:20 AM
            thanks james... very fitting. i'm nearing the end of my saturn return, and now in the process of trying to take the things that i learned by volunteering and helping others and turn them into a feasible career. i'm in the process of starting a record label... so the art dealer makes sense. neptune's in my 10th house in sag... so a career in the arts seems natural. and 9th house mercury conjuncts my mc. i'm ready to go back to work and make money, after a couple years of letting that side go. this time with a much more clear focus of why i'm making money, what i want to do with it. so the giving up on the materialistic side of things seems like a necessary phase to realize what i really wanted out of life... something to get me to establish a goal, focus my energy, and know that i can get by on very little if necessary. anyway, i'm gonna stop babbling, but thanks for the insight. i never tied the whole neptune/mercury thing into that equation.
    • Tia
      Tia
      offline 7

Tue, March 27, 2007 - 7:07 PM
      Thank you this was very helpful to me... i agree, when i was reading it i remembered that feeling of doing things for others, sharing what i had, etc, etc knowing or liking to think that they or someone would do the same for me if and when i ever needed it. It made it all seem alright. Nice to get some confirmation of what i knew instinctively.

Mon, August 6, 2007 - 5:07 PM
      exio said: one artist called me the gallery therapist. this seems to embody alot of what this placement is about... understanding others' needs (physical and emotional) and balancing them with your own.

when i read that i think of the need to establish boundaries with this placement, to facilitate the give and take that is required.

i also have NN in the 8H, and i am a therapist by profession. its taken a long time to realize that "fixing" other people's problems is not beneficial to anyone, especially the other person. there is no transformation (8H) when someone attempts to fix the other....there may be the exchange of energy that happens - ie: you absorb the other person's pain - but true transformation can only occur through the illumination of the darkness, or making the unconcious conscious. that to me is the true nature of the 8H.

Mon, December 10, 2012 - 3:00 AM
      totally feel you on this, I've 8th house Sagittarius and 2nd house Gemini Nodes and this is what I'm getting, I've always been a helper. Helper and facilitator and healer of animals, kids, people, causes, etc. etc. and always with my spiritual gifts as I call them. So yes, I agree it's totally about that greater vision, but also, because of the 2nd house, there is a sense of comfort and security and material wealth. But that maybe provided for by the community, we are the forerunners of a new world, that's how I feel it. If that makes any sense.

Mon, December 10, 2012 - 10:35 AM
        Wow! Reading stuff that you wrote back in 2007 is way wild. If my pic wasn't attached I don't know if I would recognize my own take on things. It is humbling for these old posts to pop back up. Damn well holds you accountable. I am going to have to watch my P's and Q's.

Sun, March 3, 2013 - 3:46 PM
        I have just started seeing a woman who has her Sagittarius North Node in the 8th house. Nice to hear your take on this Katharina... In fact, my ASC is conjunct her NN by less than two degrees here. Anyone have thoughts on this aspect? Can I be of any particular kind of helpful influence to her?
        Considering the co-rulership to Jupiter perhaps it's good to mention our mutual Pisces Suns are tightly conjunct?

Recent topics in "Astrology"

Topic Author Replies Last Post
HELP! Am I cursed? offlineSaraH 2 Yesterday, 11:37 PM
Cancer moon and Scorpio moon lovers Remi Love 110 August 25, 2014
Glyphs for modalities? Rothilda T. 2 August 24, 2014
Neptune in the 4th house of a composite chart Lucid Wolf 9 August 11, 2014