Advertisement

Unusual shape of chart?

topic posted Mon, January 18, 2010 - 4:30 PM by  Unsubscribed
Share/Save/Bookmark
In my chart everything seems to be concentrated on the bottom. What does this mean? My chart is in my pics. I'm thinking it's because I'm very introverted and a bit misanthropic at times. Also I keep my emotions under the surface, even though they can be extreme at times. Is this true? I definitely live in my own little world, not sociable at all.
posted by:
Unsubscribed
Advertisement
  • Re: Unusual shape of chart?

Mon, January 18, 2010 - 4:38 PM
    most of my chart is on the top (pluto in scorpio through venus in taurus) and i'm exactly like that myself. of course i'm pisces sun born in the so-called 'week of the loner' and i do have a very misanthropic outlook. my attitude borders on nihilism and i rarely leave my bedroom at home when i'm not working. that is my life. believe me, life in the u.s. is no fun, especially for sensitive creative types. sure if you live in a bohemian mecca or something everything's sunshine, but where i am, i could see tony iommi woodshedding in the trailer parks across town. it's that bad/white trash

Mon, January 18, 2010 - 5:11 PM
    All of your planets (near as I can tell) are in the Northern hemisphere (the bottom of the chart). I have the same configuration myself, but the signs have a lot of Gemini and Leo, which are outgoing signs. Normally, a chart which has a lot of planets "below the horizon" indicates a more introverted personality, especially if some of the more subjective signs are involved. From what I could tell, I believe you have a lot of cardinal signs. Funny, but I was just sharing this in another note: I've been described as an "introvert who can be an extrovert if the occasion calls for it." I would think you might be described the same way.

Some years back, Frances Sakoian and Betty Caufield wrote a book called Astrological Patterns. It's quite extensive. Your chart might fall into some other categories too, that were first identified by Marc Edmund Jones, who was one of Betty's teachers.

Michele
    • Unsu...

Re: Unusual shape of chart?

Mon, January 18, 2010 - 5:25 PM
      Thanks Michele, yes I can be extroverted when I want! Only to certain people though. Many people are surprised when they get to know me.

Brandon- you're a lot like me, LOL!

Mon, January 18, 2010 - 7:29 PM
        more signs on the bottom of chart and left side of chart represent more of an inner outlook, or introverted way of being.

I never felt that applied to me though bc I am definitely more introverted and mine are more on top. But I think that's karmic thing and I am supposed to learn how to be more outgoing in this lifetime.

"Many people are surprised when they get to know me."
        I get that a lot too. It's like I have trouble opening up til I know someone well enough.
  • relationship development, to Fiona

Tue, January 19, 2010 - 11:29 AM
    Fiona,

You asked:
    "In my chart everything seems to be concentrated on the bottom. What does this mean?"

Since you have more planets focused on the bottom (inner world) right (others) part of your chart, you use your inner world awareness to develop relationships with others.

Inwardly,

Tim
  • bowl chart, to Fiona

Tue, January 19, 2010 - 11:30 AM
    Fiona,

You asked:
    "In my chart everything seems to be concentrated on the bottom. What does this mean?"

You have a bowl chart. Since all your energy is focused inwardly you need to develop your outward awareness. Bob Marks talks about that here:
    www.bobmarksastrologer.com/Bowl.htm

Wishing for an edit button on Tribe,

Tim
    • Unsu...

Re: bowl chart, to Fiona

Tue, January 19, 2010 - 2:00 PM
      It would seem I have a bowl with locomotion...

rim moon in virgo, saturn in taurus, locomotion moon

I find extroversion tends to take effort (like throwing pillows), introversion is like a comfortable snuggly blanket.
  • Unsu...

Tue, January 19, 2010 - 11:41 AM
    Hmmmm....can anybody hazard a guess as to if I have a bundle or bowl chart?? It seems kinda close either way. I'm very curious. Thank you. :)
    • Unsu...

Tue, January 19, 2010 - 3:06 PM
      Gayle - bowls occupy half of the chart, as yours does. Bundles are more concentrated (about a third of the chart or less in one area). You're also mostly a southern hemisphere, with a bit of emphasis on the south-western part of the chart (your personal planets are all on this side).

www.bobmarksastrologer.com/Bowl.htm
      astrology.findyourfate.com/astr...s.htm
      • Unsu...

Tue, January 19, 2010 - 3:15 PM
        I have a seesaw, with slight emphasis in the northern hemisphere vs. southen, but I would say eastern dominance over all of the four corners. Seesaws are able to see both sides of things, and eastern folks are self-reliant and independent.

Tue, January 19, 2010 - 3:31 PM
    I have a planet in every quarter of my chart, but most lie in the bottom right.... would I be a bundle, a bowl or something else?
    • Unsu...

Tue, January 19, 2010 - 3:41 PM
      Tim. I read this in the link:
      "As with the locomotive chart, the planet that leads the others around the wheel gains in strength. You find it the same way, by putting your finger in the empty space and going counterclockwise. The first planet you hit is the leader. "

I think my leader is Chiron if I've done it correctly.

Tue, January 19, 2010 - 4:16 PM
        Fiona

Tim may see this differently, bu personnaly I'd only consider a planet, in your case mars. I'd also consider the other planet going clockwise as everything is contained by them and in your chart shape they nearly always aspect. I'd place more emphasis on mars than Neptune, but normally you find both are important, or perhaps it's the aspect itself that's important.
        I'd like to hear what others have noticed tho.

Tue, January 19, 2010 - 4:10 PM
      Antonis

Do you mean bottom left?

You have a bucket chart. Jupiter is the handle of the bucket giving it greater weight in your chart.It's also the only western planet and provides a leverage against the more personal-oriented eastern hemisphere focus in your chart.

Tue, January 19, 2010 - 6:33 PM
        Yeah, I meant bottom left... so Jupiter is my handle, thus the bucket! : )
        Makes sense, thanks.

Tue, January 19, 2010 - 7:17 PM
          I despise any self-centered action I make and try to be as selfless as possible. Thinking it over I realized that perhaps it is my seventh house (Libra) jupiter and north node that make me feel like doing this so forcefully (Aries). Does that make sense, or am I babbling?

Wed, January 20, 2010 - 12:55 AM
            "I despise any self-centered action I make and try to be as selfless as possible. Thinking it over I realized that perhaps it is my seventh house (Libra) jupiter and north node that make me feel like doing this so forcefully (Aries). Does that make sense, or am I babbling?"

That's probably your Libra Ascendant as well! Libra ascendant normally approaches the world trying to do what's fair and selfless, however it's not always a good thing to be selfless because ultimately we can all be a little selfish sometimes, it's important that we're aware of that and not despise ourselves for it, else we run the risk of projecting it onto other people instead!

My interpretation of it would be that when you consider that Jupiter in Aries is the only planet counter-balancing all the 1st House stuff and that you have the NN in Aries, perhaps the chart is talking about a need for greater equal balance in your life and in your relationships. Libra Rising is all about the 'other', but then you've loads of planets in the houses that relate to 'me'. It might be about trying to find a nice blend. With Libra Rising and Jupiter, the handle, in the 7th, relationships are almost certainly giong to be important to you. In relatinoships, it's imprtant to recognise that sometimes you can be a bit selfish too and sometimes that's okay. relationships are about meeting people as equals, not about getting your own way all the time, but equally not about sacrificing your own way all the time - there must be a middle ground.

Wed, January 20, 2010 - 10:11 PM
              I like your interpretation! It's true, for as inward focused as my energies are there is this tugging force inside to share my energy with others. I love social gatherings and just being around people in general and having unique experiences with them. It seems that is where I learn the most.

Wed, January 27, 2010 - 11:04 PM
                Looking into it more, I realized that my chart might actually be a fan chart. Everything besides my Jupiter is contained between 120 degrees as far I can see. If am I correct, i'm wondering if there are any significant differences between a Bucket and Fan chart.

Wed, January 27, 2010 - 11:19 PM
                  This is what I get. A person, you, me, everyone, have infinite possibilities. A Chart may show some of our traits, but should we limit ourselves to the small story a chart may tell.

Recent topics in "Astrology"

Topic Author Replies Last Post
badly aspected venus and ascendant offlineelisabeth 0 December 5, 2014
help us learn more about our birthchart Bethany 1 December 4, 2014
Chiron square Uranus transit Girl 9 December 2, 2014
What's Your Animal Yoni? Unsubscribed 108 December 1, 2014