Advertisement

sixth sense

topic posted Fri, January 25, 2008 - 7:47 PM by  Unsubscribed
Share/Save/Bookmark
what are the known (haha!) placements in a natal for this, if there is such a placement?
posted by:
Unsubscribed
Advertisement
  • Unsu...

define "sixth sense"..specifically, please; thanks.
    • Unsu...

short and sweet:
      an inkling, or a forethought to something that has yet to happen and then it usually happens...
      picking up on something that hasnt been said, and saying it.
      knowing without really knowing.
      a sense.
  • that's going to depend on how you define "sixth sense" ~ there are MANY sub-categories:
    intuition
    clairvoyance
    telepathic abilities
    psychokinesis
    psychometry
    (subtle) pattern recognition
    clairaudience
    medium abilities

those are just a few, off the top of my head

Neptune is likely to be involved somewhere prominent in the chart
    <I have read that if Neptune is on the ascendant, the mother was 'prolly heavily sedated during birth & like a caul over the head, this can be a sign of future psychic abilities for the baby>

a loaded 4th, 8th, 12th house and/or many water sign (Cancer, Scorpio, Pisces) placements

Mercury in close conjunction with the Sun implies "exceptional communication skills" which can bleed over into psychic abilities

I'd look to Uranus for "unusual" skills & talents

for myself, I think that my strongly placed asteroid Pallas Athena (pattern recognition) in Aquarius (ruled by Uranus) 11th house (groups of people) helps to explain why I can discern *patterns* that surprise other people (they seem more than obvious to me!)

the Black & Dark Moon Liliths may be clues to hidden talents/abilities that are not usually discovered without first paying some social "price"

again, these are just a few examples off the top of my head ~ there is no specific litmus test for ESP ~ it comes in all colors, flavors & varieties

love all-ways,
    mem
    • Between the three houses you just mentioned (4,8,12) I have

Sun - 8
      Moon - 4
      Mercury - 8
      Mars - 8
      Pluto - 12
      Chiron - 8

Would this, astrologically, give me a sixth sense?
      • Would this, astrologically, give me a sixth sense?
        ~~~~~~~~~~
        everyone is equipped ~
        but if you are asking other people (external sources) rather than relying on your internal workings,
        than you are not engaging your own *psychic nature*

other people can help confirm your own suspicions
        <but they are just as likely to throw you off track>
        it must start inside
        & stay firmly centered there

love all-ways,
        mem
  • Good Question Taryn,

Here are my thoughts.

The Sixth sense is just intuition. That knowledge and wisdom we have without the help of our gross five senses.

Every planet has its own type of intuition and "sixth sense"..

Every sign has its own way of interpreting that planets intention (The signs show the expressed nature of the planets, heir rulers)

So you may find:
    watery planets and signs have an emotional "sixth sense" - Moon , Jupiter , Neptune
    Earth signs and planets have a practical "sixth sense" - Saturn, Mercury
    Fire signs and planets an inspiration, action-oriented "sixth sense" - Sun Jupiter Mars
    Air signs and planets an intellectual, informational "sixth sense" - Mercury, Venus

Intuition is sixth sense - things we just "know"

Taryn, what type of sixth sense do you have?

What type of things do you just "know" - without being told or needing sensory input?

That would be the best place for you to begin..

I think this is a very personal thing.

All beings have this - not just the might human.
  • Psychic Asteroids:

*Apollo (1862) - The god of Prophecy and oracle.

*Hekate (100) - An oracle prophetess who spoke to
those on the other side, and relayed the messages (a medium). Indicator of mediumistic abilities.

* Psyche (16) - means soul, had telepathic and
clairaudient abilities.

* Poseidon (4341) - Similar to Neptune, psychic
phenomena.

* Kassandra (114) - The prophetess of doom. No one
believed her prophecies.

*Pythia (432) - priestess of the Delphic oracle. Relates to those who interpret; dreams, Tarot cards, runes,
tea leaves etc.

* Erda (894) - Seer knowing the orgin and outcome of everything. Sylvia Browne has this conjunct Uranus.
  • Unsu...

Taryn

Your definition of "sixth sense" reminds me of the power of premonition which can manifest in a number of ways.

In terms of what astrological symbol or set might link to premonition I'd say Sagittarius for starters. Sagittarius is more future-oriented than, say, Cancer which is more rooted in the past and tradition. Neptune can give profound receptivty; Neptune in Sagittarius might be a good mix for premonitory gifts.

Other planets in Saggitarius can also spin their own kind of forward-thinking (Mercury), forward-perceiving (Jupiter), or forward-feeling (Moon) tendencies. One of my favorite things about astrology is its inadequacies to explain all or most of the phenomenal attributes human beings hold within them and sometimes express. I think planets in Aquarius can also infuse the kind of self-detachment allowing for clearer seeing of what is, for that is all clairvoyance is: clear seeing.

12th House planets also represent links to deeper psychic (perceptive) abilities such as those Mem has listed already, as can any significant concentration of planets in water signs, especially Scorpio.
    • Unsu...

My parents and brother have this "sixth sense" (must run in our family) in different forms. My dad's a bit like the movie "Sixth Sense" in which he sees ghosts/spirits and he knows things ahead of time that are to come or happen. He predicts things that will happen without knowing just what it is at times. He's Sun Pisces (0 degree) and Moon Saggitarius. My mom Aries Sun and Scorpio Moon but doesn't see ghosts, but has the "feeling" of someone or something. My brother buries it, he hates talking about it. He has seen ghosts as a kid and just knows things, he's Scorpio Sun. Plus he has a connection still to his identical twin that died at one month. I sometimes have fortelling dreams of things come. I have no idea how to decript cryptic dreams, until months or years later. Also, I am able to tune into those close to me and sometimes I do know somethings wrong, I just don't kow what. Especially in my relationships with x's and present fiance'. Maybe on my part that's just super sensitivity to others changes in bahavior. I'm Libra sun&moon and Scorpio venus&neptune.
  • Unsu...

My thought was to see if we couldn't find a pattern with the other 5 senses and extend it ... oh so mathematical lol
    sight
    touch
    smell
    taste
    hear
    I'm thinking venus and mercury for most of these ...

neptune and uranus are sometimes considered these planet's higher octaves ... ...

mercury and uranus for collecting and organizing the info .. or communicating it to others
    so venus and neptune for some sort of composition or tuning of these senses for interpretation?
    mars and pluto maybe for bringing your will to pass or following/seaking out a desire?
    • Unsu...

outer senses <--> inner senses

sight - clairvoyance
      touch - clairsentience
      smell - clairsolfaction
      taste - clairgustation, or chemoreception
      hear - clairaudience
      • I experience clairvoyance, clairsolfaction (smell), clairaudience, telepathy, premonitions, etc.....
        but I think we discussed this in another thread on here somewhere?

My chart is on my profile page, but I am not sure if there are indications in it, except for possibly my Neptune so close to the IC in Scorpio, and moon in Sagittarius. I was this way even as a child and used to guide my mother as to which cashier not to go to because they'd ring up her purchases wrong. When she didn't listen to me, she got rung up wrong. I had a very psychic German grandmother whom I resemble, so not sure if this is just something passed down or what.
  • Unsu...

Neptune, Neptune, Neptune.

or better yet, ask M. Night Shyamalan. He directed "The Sixth Sense"

But I'm a Neptunian and I'm telling u my secret-"I see dead people"... "laughs". No seriously, "walking around like regular people", just like the little boy said.
    • Im with Sadasiva. I think there are so many ways in which we can all be in touch with a "sixth sense." And perhaps each sign, planet and type of sign, if aspected heavily or if well placed can signify the sixth sense. However, I have known alot of people who had "abilities" that consciously turned them off or ignored them. SO while our charts can display our "gifts" it's ultimately up to the person to receive them.

everyone in my family has had some "ability" with sensing things. however, I personally have a wierd ability to sense patterns. I guess, if I really analyze them, one can piece them together as clairvoyance into the future, but I can't do that. I usually only notice the patterns after the fact. I was told, chart-wise, this ability is maybe signified by my Canc ASC/Pluto, Moon 4th House coupled with Nep in Sag but another possibility is Saturn in 3rd conjunct NN.

I've also heard that anyone with a SN in Pisces means they've spent a past life in spiritual and psychic mastery. Perhaps that may be an indicator of sixth sense ability too?
  • Unsu...

I was always strong believer in 6th sense and felt that I had a strong 6th sense before I got into Astrology in 1998

My indicators

my strong watersign influence: Sun,Mercury,Venus in Scorpio and Moon in Pisces
    Moon in Pisces
    Moon square Neptune
    Moon trine 12th house ruler(Sun)
    Neptune in 3rd
    Mercury parallel Neptune
    Uranus trine Midheaven

Sun conj Osculating Lunar Apogee(aka true Black Moon Lilith) - '21

the kuiper belt objects could be 6th sense too.....they are objects that orbit beyond Neptune,and so relate to metaphysical

Sun contraparallel Pluto - '42
    Moon quincunx Pluto in 1st - 2'32
    Eris sextile Midheaven - 1'01
    Eris quincunx Ascendant - 1'12
    Mercury biquintile Eris - '06
    Sun conjunct Ixion - '05
    Moon trine Ixion - 2'15
    Ixion biquintile Midheaven - '10
    Sun conjunct Quaoar - 2'57
    Moon trine Quaoar - '48
    Sun contraparallel Orcus - '01
    Moon sextile Sedna - 1'04 (3D aspect - '03)

Asbolus is a centaur that's connected to divination:
    Asbolus sextile Midheaven - 1'16

Chiron can be related to intuition as its holistic:
    Chiron sextile Midheaven - '42

Sun sextile Psyche in 12th - '05
    Moon oppose Psyche - 2'15

Someone mentioned about asteroid,Poseidon

Poseidon can relate to water activities like watersports like swimming,diving as well as the
    Navy. Maybe even drownings.

I learned to swim when I was 3 years old,and it only took me a week to
    learn how to swim. My stepfather threw me in the pool and I swam to
    one of my stepsisters who taught me how to swim. My mother even said
    that I was an excellent swimmer since 3 years old. I was even told
    that I swam like a fish. Swimming was definitely one of my favorite
    hobbies in childhood. I went swimming with my friends. My best
    swimming friend was a Pisces girl. My mother told me a friend of mine
    drowned in a pond when I was little. I liked the show,"Man From
    Atlantis",starring Piscean Patrick Duffy. I also loved reading and
    watching shows,movies about mermaids as a kid. I have a Mermaid poster
    and figurine. I was in the US Navy for 7 years. Glaucus is my online
    nickname since 2000. Glaucus was name of a fisherman turned minor
    seagod. Name is also known as Glaukos.

4660 Nereus is an asteroid named after the ruler of the Seas before
    Poseidon took over,and he and 48 Doris were the parents of the Nereids
    that included 29 Amphitrite(wife of Poseidon) and 17 Thetis(mother of
    Achilles)
    1198 Atlantis is named after the legendary continent that sank in the
    ocean. 224 Oceana seems to be named after Oceanus was one of the Titans

Nereus in 13'33 Sagittarius in 4th
    Ascendant in 13'27 Virgo
    Poseidon in 12'42 Aquarius in 5th
    Thetis in 12'33 Leo in 11th
    Atlantis in 12'18 Sagittarius in 4th
    Midheaven in 11'14 Gemini

Mars in 25'54 Aquarius in 6th
    Glaukos in 26'04 Libra in 2nd
    Amphitrite in 26'27 Leo in 12th

Oceana in 0'26 Virgo in 12th
    Pluto in 0'51 Libra in 1st
    Neptune in 2'48 Saggitarius in 3rd

Doris in 18'03 Sagittarius in 4th
    Mercury in 18'21 Scorpio in 3rd

minor aspects:
    Glaukos sesquiquadrate Midheaven - '10
    Mars quintile Nereus - '21
    Pluto quintile Nereus - '42
    Pluto quintile Atlantis - '33
    Uranus semisquare Oceana - '09

• Unsu...

Raymond ~ Judging by your indicators, you are one extremely sensitive guy. Have you been diagnosed with any form of autism, by chance ?
      • Unsu...

Being ultrasensitive person has always been a problem for me........

Nope...........I am Dyslexic,Dyspraxic,inattentive type ADHD......I was in special education for 3 years....I had auditory therapy,speech therapy,phonics,and fine motor skills therapy to remediate my Dyslexia,Dyspraxia so I am a corrected/compensated Dyslexic,Dyspraxic....never took medication for ADHD....I don't believe in it as a disorder...I believe that it's an alternative way of being,thinking,and learning.

also people with learning disabilities and ADHD tend to be ultrasensitive types.......autistic spectrum disorders more so

www.ldpride.net/sensitivity.htm
        ldpride.net/emotions.htm

I don't have problems understanding social/emotional cues.....those are hallmarks of autism,aspergers
        I was placed in special education with mentally retarded children in 1st grade. Then identified as having above average intelligence,and placed in special education class with learning disabled children in another school in 2nd. The year after that I was in regular classroom for most of the day and returned in the afternoon for phonics training. With my severe Dyslexia,Dyspraxia in early childhood, I had major speech,auditory,coordination problems at the time,and was very hyperemotional/sensitive...I had developmental issues..so yeah...I could have appeared to be autistic to people who don't know what Dyslexia,Dyspraxia are.

also speech delays are not only symptoms of autism, but dyslexia and dyspraxia too

I wrote about this stuff in my tribenet blog. I am only going to use it to post about neurodivergent conditions to help raise awareness

I am Dyslexia,Dyspraxia,learning disability,neurodivergent,neurodiversity mental health human rights advocate/activist

member of International Dyslexia Association,Dyspraxia USA, Learning Disability Association,The Dyslexia Foundation, National Association for the Education of African American Children with Learning Disabilities.and donate to National Center of Learning Disabilities,Hello Friend/Ennis Cosby Foundation and The National Center for Learning Disabilities

I created a petition to stop the misdiagnosing of neurodivergents and
        prevent the unnecessary medicating which can cause serious damage on
        an emotional and physical level. This would involving having
        psychiatrists to have their patients undergo psychological and
        neurological testing and not just go by observations. You can't judge
        a book by its cover.

www.thepetitionsite.com/1/stop...ergents
        • Unsu...

Ever since reading about LCP SOLUTION that talked about Omega 3 fatty deficiencies connected to Dyslexia,Dyspraxia,and AD/HD tend to be comorbid with each other and how fish oil can help with those conditions, I take cod liver oil/fish oil regularly to get the Omega 3 fatty acids that I need. The Omega 3 fatty acids eicosapentaenoic acid (EPA) and docosahexaenoic acid (DHA). are very important for the brain. My stepfather wasn't kidding when he told me that fish was brain food. Ever since taking cod liver oil/fish oil, I feel my brain working better. I think better and I am less emotional,sensitive.. I find that there is much less stimulation in my frontal lobe when I am upset. Without fish oil/cod liver oil, I have hyperactivity in my frontal lobe,and that would lead to confusion,overstimulated,upset,stressed out and make it hard for me to think. The evidence of it working for me is that I scored 29 out of 30 on MMSE(Mini Mental Status Exam) during my Veteran Affairs neuropsychological testing. Those are the tests that they give to people with Alzheimers,Dementia to see if they have mental decline. Obviously with the score that I have,I am far from having mentally decline. Researchers have found that Omega 3 fatty acids do help with Alzheimers,Dementia. I will be taking them for the rest of my life.

I also take a liquid gel male multivitamin which has a strong Vitamin B complex which is especially good for brain functioning.

here is the fish oil that I take.....it's lemon flavored,and I like the taste of it.....don't like straight up fish o
          palmbeachnutrition.com/BuySup...lt.aspx

here is the cod liver oil that I take......it has fruit flavors too,and I like the taste....usually get the orange flavored
          palmbeachnutrition.com/BuySup...lt.aspx

here is the liquid gel male multivitamins that I take...Men's Living Green Liquid-Gel Multi uses powerful botanicals from whole living plants that are targeted to meet the unique nutrition profile that men need, including prostate health support. Men's Living Green Liquid-Gel Multi's breakthrough formula is quickly absorbed into your body and combines over 117 nutrients and 72 trace minerals as well as Omega 3 Essential Fatty Acids.
          www.bodybuilding.com/store/i...men.html

This is the book, LCP Solution that I had
          www.amazon.com/LCP-SOLUTI.../0345438728
          • kt
            kt
            offline 20
            I take the same brand of fish oils! These are really good!

I have similar problems with cognition.....tho never medically diagnosed...just thought to be hyperactive as a child, and then treated that way by parents and teachers (ie: suppressed, ignored, isolated,...) I have Chiron-Mars aspect that I've read too can indicate problems/trauma surrounding "energy". My chart is heavy towards being "sensitive" too...

Being misinterpreted A LOT is heavy baggage to carry around with you all the time; it's the inverse of what people usually think, it's not us who are "confused', it's like other people are actually the ones living in a fog and can't reach you, so a lot of your energy goes to helping them understand you, vs. you understanding more of yourself.....another way growth is stunted. it's almost best to be left alone and accelerate your own innerself, let the rest of the world catch up later, but unfortunately, it doesn't work that way...
            • Unsu...

For Anyone Who Can Relate: is it our karma that your dogma chases my catma around ?

Weird thing about Karma it goes on like a lotion .
              • Unsu...

Here a related sub topic with in the topic there are transit which trigger the use of the sixth sense as well.
    • Unsu...

I once saw a notice on the noticeboard saying that 'esp comes in very useful at exam time.'

Sometimes, it was possible to find thngs in books without really looking, but in fact for more than on exam, I hardly did a stroke of revision except for one or two isolated passages - and these might be what came up in the exam.

Years later, I met the man who had written those notices - he called this 'question spottng' but I don't know what kind of astrology to link that to, though posible candidates for me could be a 12th House Jupiter conjunct ascendant or a 9th house Uranus. That latter is dubious as in some house systems it is in the 8th.

Sometimes when doing tator readings, very specific pieces of information might come up - somehow just knowing, for exampe, that somene was a social worker, or that someone was emigrating to New Zealand. This certainly culd not have been something to be got from the body language of the people concerend in the latter case. Alas, these kinds of flashes did not necessarily come on demand.
      • I know this one guy who has moon in his 1st house and neptune in 12th its natural house.. he gets amazingly accurate intuitions about people ...very intuitive ..I guess it takes a lot of water in the chart to make one so ...in this case watery planets :-)
  • i am an aquarian...very much an aquarian.

dont know my houses or anything else.....

but i am hard of hearing and due to losing a sense i gained a 6th sense. i see things others just dont see.

i have seen ghost as a child, after a negative string of experiances i blocked them from my mind for a long time. only recently (last few years) have i started to open the door again.

i have an innate way of just knowing when something bad is going to happen. my body/soul/being protectes "self" . i am supposed to be dead. but had a premonition as a child and i am still here today, while my cousins whom i was supposed to be with perished. i read people pretty well.

i am surrounded by people like myself. we seem to find each other......

• Unsu...

Has anyone thought that maybe the North Node has something to say about "the sixth sense"? Especially that specific part of the "sixth sense" which is connected to feelings of premonition?

I mean, think about it-the NN shows ur karmic "debt" or mission-for lack of a more pessimistic word-and therefore, it might indicate how ur "field" has been prepared for u to lead ur battle.

I have my NN tightly conjunct my Mercury in Pisces, sextiling my Cap Uranus, and squaring my Moon-Mars-Jupiter conjunction in o degree Gemini, and I am veeery intuitive in a sense of...what men might call "premonition"(lol), meaning I have never met anyone in my life that actually seemed unpredictable in behavior. I can always tell what a person's gonna do next, which is cool, in points of competition.

But a total frustration in relationships of any kind, because few people manage to keep my interest alive.
    • Unsu...

Well........The Lunar Nodes are based on the orbits of the Moon.......so it could relate to intuition,instincts,sensitivity

another thing too is that

North Lunar Node is Rahu in Vedic Astrology
      South Lunar Node is Ketu in Vedic Astrology

The Vedic Astrologers seem to attribute outer planet characteristics to them
      they interpret the planetary nodes differently from Western Astrologers

Rahu by Komilla Sutton
      Rahu takes people off their Dharmic past path to tempt them on the road of self destruction. But Rahu has a very definite purpose in doing so. It wants you to learn, taste and feel everything so that from the full satiation of your senses you turn a new leaf on the path of self realisation and find their true enlightenment. Rahu on a physical plane gives you insatiable desire to achieve, to conquer. Once you have reached the pinnacle of achievement, you realise this success you have achieved has not brought with it happiness because you were in fact chasing an illusion. There are many cults in India which preach satiation of all your mundane and carnal desires so that we can learn the important lesson of fulfilment of all your desires do not give you the true happiness.

Rahu signifies foreigners in all fields- people, countries, tastes.

Rahu behaves like Saturn. It deals with drugs, poisons, over ambition, power play, hidden knowledge,

Rahu's element is air. It deals with all aspects of air related activities air travel, Air accidents, Aviation, Pilots etc. Other significations of Rahu include students of Astrology, metaphysical knowledge, witchcraft, skin diseases, small pox, deception, politics, political manoeuvre, inventions, scientists, execution, diseases, disenchantment etc.

Ketu by Komilla Sutton
      Ketu causes great impediments in your paths. It sets up roadblocks, traffic jams, boulders in your journey of life. It causes pain. It wants to change your psyche. You learn to leave your excess baggage of past Karma behind. Travel lightly into your this existence so that you can understand there are areas of your life which need to address and some left behind. Those unable to harness the power of Ketu or understand its karmic path can be lead to a sorrowful existence. Sometimes it is difficult for any one do stand in the way of Ketu power. We need to accept and understand the divine plan which is part of our destiny and Ketu is doing its work to produce in you the enlightenment which would lead to true enlightenment and honour. The effect of the Ketu problems are like the going through the ritual of fire from which one comes out stronger more powerful to be able to take on the problems thrown at us

Ketu will act like Mars and so will it's dispositor. Fiery in nature, it signifies accidents or injury specially due to fire.

Ketu rules 7 years in the planetary life cycle. Ketu always has a sting in it's tale. So the ending of Ketu Maha Dasha one has to be vary of unexpected happening

Ketu is considered the keeper of the book of our life- past and present Karmas.

Ketu is known as Dhwajah- flag. It's association with in dignity with a planet has the capacity to boost it's capabilities- good or bad beyond recognition for lotteries and windfall. Ketu in conjunction with a benefic can give beyond your wildest expectations.

Some of the signification of Ketu are Ascetics, assassinations, trouble through cats, calirvoyance, contemplation, desire for knowledge, deep thinking, imprisonment, poison, intrigues, magical powers, poverty, mysticism etc.
      www.komilla.com/pages/rahu-ketu.html

My Moon is in the nakshatra, Shatabishak ruled by Rahu

Shatabishak( 6 degrees 40' to 20 degrees 00'Aquarius) is the final Nakshatra ruled by Rahu. Aquarius is ruled by Saturn and Rahu's rulership of the Nakshtra makes a very difficult combination where life has to have a purpose and the total direction is about learning lessons. Rahu gives results like Saturn but on a psychological level. This double Saturnine influence on planets placed here is difficult to handle unless our activities are directed towards service to humanity. Here both Rahu and Saturn are concerned about changing our purpose of life, giving us the final answers. Rahu on the internal level and Saturn on an external level offers restrictions, obstacles and transformation. The need to understand the final lessons of life as well as duty to others are two of the important aspects of Shatabishak. Its symbol is the thousand petalled flower, Shatabishak is where the Kundalini flowers and we reach towards the full awareness of our consciousness. This is the stage in life where we activate the Sahasara (Crown) Chakra. Rahu brings forth its full power as the teacher of cosmic law. When the Moon is in Shatabishak, its materialistic tendencies are shed completely and we moves towards the true purpose of life. We are ready to transcend to the next phase of spiritual development.

My Sun is in the nakshatra, Swati ruled by Rahu
      The Second Nakshatra ruled by Rahu is Swati ( 6 degrees 40' to 20 degrees 00' Libra) Planets in Swati indicate the depth of the soul's involvement in Materialism. The indicator of the soul in our chart, the Sun, is debilitated here and Saturn the worker of the Zodiac is exalted here. Under Swati, the impulse is all about material gain. Venus rules the earthly needs in an individual. Combining it with Rahu it adds further to the desire for success, wealth and finance. Many millionaires are born with their Moon's or Saturn in Swati. The presiding diety is Vayu (air).The Symbol is Coral. The location of this Nakshatra in Libra indicates that the experience of full involvment into earthy, materialistic pleasures will bring with it dissatisfaction because the scales will be heavy to one side. Once success is achieved we feel empty, alone and dissatisfied with our achievement, many try for more success but the correct thing would be to look towards your higher self at this time. Libra is a stage of life when we start thinking about the spiritual meaning of life but only once the other urges have been fulfilled.

In my Vedic Chart:

Here is stuff from my Vedic Astrology Report

Ketu in 12th
      In your mind you think of spiritual life as real and true and so you know that material life is not the aim of life. This comes gradually as you get older, as material expectations are one by one ruled out as unfulfilling. Therefore, gradually through life, you spend more of your time and energy towards serving good causes. Also, in an attempt to sort things out in this transition, you become restless, and sometimes try to spend for pleasure, only to feel increased frustration. Overall, you should do well because of your sincere approach to life. Areas to try to prevent disease troubles would include the feet, eyes and private parts.

Ketu in Cancer in 12th
      Ketu has a psychologically disturbing impact here, and often leads you into contact with the denizens of "the other world."

• Unsu...

btw

Your Mercury in Pisces alone can be intuitive in feeling type way, especially being disposited by Neptune,planet of psychic sensitivity,mysticism...........I have something similar with Neptune in 3rd and Mercury parallel Neptune...even my Mercury conjunct Sun/Neptune midpoint

also...your Mercury sextile Uranus can be intuitive in a mental type way......good aspect for Astrology

all those things could have to do with sixth sense.........Your Mercury in Pisces more so.
      there could be other things in your chart too...........could be any planets in your psychic house....the 4th,8th,and 12th.....even aspects to the rulers of those houses like my Moon trines 12th house ruler (Sun)

Your Mercury conjunct North Node is aka Mercury conjunct Rahu by Vedic Astrologers
      That's an indicator of unusual thinking

My mother has Mercury conjunct South Node in Cancer
      aka Mercury conjunct Ketu by Vedic Astrologers
      that's an indicator of sublime thinking

this is according to BENEATH A VEDIC SKY by William R. Levacy
      • Unsu...

'trouble through cats'

I can see the point of all the other troubles this Ketu might or might not symbolise, but what could be wrong with cats here????
        • Unsu...

nothing wrong with cats

they are referring that there could be problems with cats

like if a they wrote an interpreating say troubles through travels.
          it doesn't mean that there is something wrong with travels per se
          but they are referring about the potential to have problems with travels.
          • Unsu...

I take your point Raymond, but this cat thing just seemd a little surreal somehow. I mean, 'small animals' is said to go with 6th-House symbolism, large animals like horses traditionally with the 12th, short journery with the with the 3rd House and more globalsied trips with the 9th House. I know the Lunar Nodes are given the status of planets in vedic astrology and there might possibly 'rule' any house deemed connected to travel, say.

I just wondered, why, specifically cats and not maybe small dogs, rats, for example.

Is there a cat god or goddess in the Indian pantheon? No, truly - I was just curious.
            • Unsu...

The planets neptune, Uranus and Pluto -the personal planets Mercury -Jupiter , the water houses and of course the moon .
            • Unsu...

I have no clue

I am not a Vedic Astrologer

I have studied a little bit...the basics

they are so much to Vedic Astrology, and it's very different from Western Astrology. ...especially with its use of sidereal zodiac and nakshatras
              and they use planetary aspects differently like
              All planets aspect 7th house from themselves
              Mars aspects 4th and 8th houses from itself
              Jupiter aspects 5th and 9th houses from itself
              Saturn aspects 3rd and 10th houses from itself

the 5th and 9th houses are referred to as trikonas,and they are considered to be benefic houses
              the 6th,8th,and 12th houses are referred to as dusthanas and they are considered to be malefic houses
              the 1st,4th,and 7th houses are referred to as kendras

they have numerous planetary combinations they refer to as yogas....there are over 1000 of them....

Vedic Astrology has different house rulerships from Western Astrology
              for instance, 4th house is also known as the house related to education
              3rd house is known as house related to courage
              5th house is known as a house related to intelligence
              12th house is known as house related to faraway places, sexual pleasures
              9th house is known as house related to father ...the Northern Indians
              2nd house is related to speech

those are just some of the different house rulerships from Western Astrology

as you see, Vedic Astrology can't be mixed up with Western Astrology

I prefer Western Astrology,...
              • Unsu...

For Anyone Who Can Relate: is it our karma that your dogma chases my catma around ?
                • Unsu...

LOL this is a play on words that opens into new ideas.
                  • This is the maximum depth. Additional responses will not be threaded.
                    Unsu...

'I have no clue

I am not a Vedic Astrologer

I have studied a little bit...the basics'

Neither am I, and I have no plans to become one, either. And as you say, these systems cannot really be mixed.

I think both Western and Veic can be incredibly prescriptive at times and for me, what was good about suddenly coming across all this Vedic was the recognition that much of what can be extrapolated does depend on the kind of clock face you work from - or, zodiac.

Thus, there is a subjective dimension to each.

Maybe somewhere, sometiem, someone will be able to hold forth on why there might be troubles with kitties with Ketu.
  • I think I have fairly good intuition...as I have been told by many different people..but I think talents come in many areas as has been said above.

I can be very right on about people and psychological insights - for that maybe i have Moon in Scopio and Jupiter in the 8th to thank. 4 planets in Water and 2 in Fire.

I have lots of Sagitarian energy - Mars, NN, Neptune there and Neptune is in Mutual Reception with my Jupiter in Pisces.

I have 3 planets and NN in 4th house and Jupiter in the 8th.

Pallas in Aquarius ....conjunct my descendant. I am a lawyer so the ability to see certain patterns in important...my detective Scopio Moon, organized Cap Mercury and Pallas all help me I think in this area...

Recent topics in "Astrology"

Topic Author Replies Last Post
What's Your Animal Yoni? Unsubscribed 107 November 9, 2014
I don't know.. dejan 8 October 31, 2014
HELP! Am I cursed? SaraH 10 October 27, 2014
book : Person Centered Astrology, by Dane Rudhyar offlineK 0 October 25, 2014