Advertisement

Mars badly aspected

topic posted Fri, April 7, 2006 - 12:11 PM by  Kjetil
Share/Save/Bookmark
What does it mean to have Mars badly aspected?
posted by:
Kjetil
Norway
Advertisement
  • Unsu...

Re: Mars badly aspected

Fri, April 7, 2006 - 12:16 PM
    what do you mean by "Mars badly aspected" ? and what makes it bad for you ?
    • Re: Mars badly aspected

Fri, April 7, 2006 - 12:47 PM
      In another tread, i asked
      Why do you think SOME people have a problem with aries? What could be their bad experiences?

Answer by ann
      At a guess, I'd say the people who have problems with Aries energies are Watery, Earthy types with very little Fire in their charts, or with Mars badly aspected ?

So i was wondering what it means to have mars badly aspected?
      • Unsu...

Fri, April 7, 2006 - 1:48 PM
        You must understand that the word "bad" may be subjective, meaning, what one person judges as "bad" may be bad for them but not for everybody. there tends to be a lot of generalizations posted on this tribe about almost every topic, which can get confusing. the newer you are to astrology, the more you tend to generalize. if you are able to continue learning more about astrology (and not just continue repeating old information), you can begin to develop the skills for very specific interpretations of the symbols in a chart.

Who knows why SOME people have problem with aries. My guess is that they have problems with the Aries archetype in their own nature, meaning, they may have problems or taboos around being self-confident, willful and spontaneous.

The person you should ask about "mars badly aspected" is the person you first read or heard it from, in this case, Ann. As her what she means by "mars badly aspected". Find out what she means. Find out if she even knows what she means by that. Keep asking questions. Keep questioning the source.

Fri, April 7, 2006 - 2:00 PM
          Sherpa is right on the mark.

I have Mars square Saturn. Some might say that is a 'badly aspected Mars'. But then, I also have Mars conjunct Mercury, trine Neptune, and sextile Pluto, which makes it three to one, 'good aspects' to 'bad aspects'.

Except I have never thought of this square as 'bad'.

And I've never disliked Aries in general, in spite of that square to Saturn. Although, as mentioned elsewhere, I had problems with my own Aries dad....but it wasn't the Aries in him that was the problem, per se.

I know more than one person who has only squares and oppositions to their Mars. If anything, you might consider that they have a 'badly aspected Mars', except they are all highly successful people. And none of them has ever mentioned to me that they dislike Aries people.

Let's see, perhaps we could take Mars, give it only squares, put it in a sign of its detriment (Libra or Taurus), or fall (Cancer), and stick it in the 12th house. Perhaps we might say that this is a 'badly aspected Mars'? Well, actually, I wouldn't, even then. I would say that the person had a lot of lessons to learn when it came to expressing Mars energy in this life. And would this person have trouble with Aries? I guess that would depend on how willing they were to 'own' their own Mars issues, versus projecting them outwards onto people who are ruled by Mars.
          • Unsu...

Fri, April 7, 2006 - 2:07 PM
            Zane,

My Mars also squares Saturn and my dad was an Aries Sun (conjunct Uranus & Mars!). I agree with you about this square, which I like very much as it has well symbolized an important reminder for me regarding "responsible action" and a measure of the consequences of all that I do. And so I also have seen this square as productive, instructive and benevolent.

I only experience frustration in my drive when it is misguided towards irresponsible action. The wonderful thing about responsibility is the freedom it brings after I have defined its parameters in terms based on my own perceived limits and capacities. This, in turn, increases the force of commitment in my life enabling me to do more and with that, I experience greater freedom.

I love this square.

Fri, April 7, 2006 - 10:21 PM
              Hey, that makes three! My Mars (Scorpio) also squares my Saturn (Leo), and my father was also an Aries. I never thought about the Mars, Saturn, Aries, father possible connection--since Mars rules Aries. Like Zane said, Aries certainly was NOT the problem with whatever issues I had with my father. Neither was his Leo moon. It went beyond the energies of signs.

Even with this Mars square Aries is one of my very, very, very favorite signs. I just love what it represents. (Leo too).

I can't say I've made peace with this square yet. Hopefully I will see it positively someday, but I think I now experience it as feeling restrained, or moments of suddenly needing to assert my self and act with a burst of energy and then pulling myself back and feeling like, "did I possibly go to far?" Then other moments of knowing I really, really need to act on something but worrying too much and showing too much caution, holding myself back.

>>"Who knows why SOME people have problem with aries. My guess is that they have problems with the Aries archetype in their own nature, meaning, they may have problems or taboos around being self-confident, willful and spontaneous."<<
              Yes, I even think society in general tends to subtly denounce and devalue a lot of Aries characteristics because there is this problem with selfishness. My mother is constantly giving advice along the lines of, "screw what society thinks. screw what the common thinking is. just do what you NEED to do." I see it as the expression of her Aries North Node, and I love it--all about asserting yourself and your own will into the world, putting yourself first when you need to (a SIN in many people's eyes). Some people deeply, deeply resent people who can say, "screw society," "screw what 'they' (whoever they are) think," "screw social norms," and "screw showing a FALSE sense of compassion or concern for others when you are really just trying to keep up appearances." It's about standing up for yourself, and truly (no matter what false martyr types would tell you), you cannot help and stand up for others until you can fight for and stand up for yourself. Some people will just resent you doing it, and that is when Aries is needed to say, "screw them," and not give a damn, and forge ahead anyway--and that is often what people hate. Of course it's energy that can be taken too far (psychopathic "look out for number one types"), but it's a much needed energy for everyone. Some people just can't accept this selfishness in themselves. It may be more repressed energy than deep, dark scorpionic stuff for some.
              Enough of a rant. Aries always gets me going.
  • Unsu...

Fri, April 7, 2006 - 3:39 PM
    kjetil

Hi - Those were my words, and, as sherpa and zane have pointed out, not very good ones!
    I should have said, if anything, perhaps, "having challenging aspects to Mars", as Mars is the ruler of Aries.

I apologise for a misleading statement and shooting my mouth off with little knowledge to back it up! I shall blame my Moon in Aries! :-)

Fri, April 7, 2006 - 6:25 PM
      {{I only experience frustration in my drive when it is misguided towards irresponsible action. The wonderful thing about responsibility is the freedom it brings after I have defined its parameters in terms based on my own perceived limits and capacities. This, in turn, increases the force of commitment in my life enabling me to do more and with that, I experience greater freedom.}}

And Gaines a healthy well earned "Ego" the positive side of the term.. I understand that which you speak of. having experienced both sides of this. Saturns lessons.

Recent topics in "Astrology"

Topic Author Replies Last Post
Chiron square Uranus transit Girl 6 September 21, 2014
HELP! Am I cursed? SaraH 5 September 13, 2014
Fomalhaut conjucts North Node Tomasz 2 September 10, 2014
A Mystical and Confounding Full Moon. There is also the Yod to... K 0 September 7, 2014