Advertisement

afflicted planets?

topic posted Wed, May 28, 2008 - 12:46 PM by  Kjetil
Share/Save/Bookmark
How do I know if my planets are afflicted?

What does it mean to have planets afflicted?

Spesiffically - how do I know If my Moon is afflicted?

BONUS: Do I have afflicted planets? people.tribe.net/kjetil/photos
posted by:
Kjetil
Norway
Advertisement
  • Unsu...

Re: afflicted planets?

Wed, May 28, 2008 - 12:54 PM
    i would say lots of hard aspects and little or no soft aspects :-)
    • Unsu...

Wed, May 28, 2008 - 1:25 PM
      Squares and oppositions by far outnumbering any 'soft' aspects to a planet. It can create difficulties in exprsing the energies of the planet.

I don't like that word 'afflicted' though. It sounds like you have some kind of Medieval disease or pathology if using it of someone, usually who appears to be displaying the negative characteristics of a particular planet in ways we personally may not like. It also smacks a little too muchof the idea of being in the helples grip of a diabolical fate you cannot change.

So I would rather eschew the word.

Nevertheless though, a chart with a lot of hard aspects does not necessarily make for an easy life, 'aflictions can be tough and maybe that is something that is not always something to be sugarcoated in any kind of reading, if the person being read for seems to have undue expectations of rose gardens without troubles.

• Unsu...

Thu, May 29, 2008 - 12:24 AM
    It is easy to estimate when a planet is afflicted by 90 or 180 degree. In the case of Venus, Moon and Pluto it is less likely that the affliction takes place as shown by the program, since these objects roam very far from the ecliptic. The same goes for dwarf planets, comets and centaurs. Try to discard any orb and concentrate on the angular aspect, preferably conjunction. Do not fear and just calmly consider the challenge. If one planet represents e.g. authority and the other stands for you, economize the clash, and so on. Try using (with time) Simon Zev ben ha-Levi (spelt something like this) Caballistic (holistic?) approach.
    • Re: afflicted planets?

Thu, May 29, 2008 - 9:29 AM
      I have like alot of aries squaring my capricorn moon, so I welcome the challange and oppretunity for personal growth.

Thanks everyone =)

Recent topics in "Astrology"

Topic Author Replies Last Post
badly aspected venus and ascendant elisabeth 0 December 5, 2014
help us learn more about our birthchart Bethany 1 December 4, 2014
Chiron square Uranus transit Girl 9 December 2, 2014
What's Your Animal Yoni? Unsubscribed 108 December 1, 2014