Advertisement

stellium

topic posted Wed, April 11, 2007 - 11:34 PM by  Wayne
Share/Save/Bookmark
i've been wondering about a stellium and how the planets within them work together, blend, or what not. do they work easier, or something?
posted by:
Wayne
Charlotte
Advertisement
  • Unsu...

Re: stellium

Thu, April 12, 2007 - 5:41 AM
    A stellium is a concentration of energy, made of multiple conjunctions, usually contained within one sign.

Its sort of like adding numbers together but instead you're adding energies. Some planets get along better than others You might have something aspect the stellium to affect it or a placement in the stellium that "doesn't agree" with the sign (planet in fall/detriment) and that affects it.

Do you have a stellium in your own chart, Wayne? If so study that first.

things to get you started:
    astronuts.tribe.net/thread/7...50193b090
    blogcritics.org/archives/2.../073401.php
  • FJ
    FJ
    offline 6

Thu, April 12, 2007 - 12:28 PM
    I think a stellium is a kind of pow-wow of different chiefs meditating on a common theme. It It's like a single root which branches into many areas. A stellium shows where a person has a need to approach the lessons of a particular sign and house from several perspectives. Many of their diverse resources are invested in one lesson, one root. That sign and house represents a place where a person needs some serious experience in one area, but they use that experience to advance in several diferent areas. The chiefs have gotten together there to make medicine which they then take back to their own separate villages to perform miracles. When you understand how dispositors work , you will see what I mean.

I think the best way to look at a stellium is by dispositors.
    Let's look back at my friend's stellium again:
    Venus in Scorpio
    Jupiter in Scorpio
    Moon in Scoprio
    Neptune in Scorpio

This stellium occurs in his 11th and 12th Houses. But if we look at the signs and houses that these planets rule, we will see how several different areas of his life combine here into a consolidated 12th House/11th House issue. He was diagnosed with "schizo-effective disorder", which in his case deals with paranoia and self-worth issues within groups.

His Jupiter in Scorpio in the 11th rules his Saggitarius Ascendant. He feels his outward behavior must be intense and enthusiastic or he won't be liked or accepted. He tries too hard to expand his social circle, and ends up with a lot of people who have no real meaning in his life as a result.
    His Venus in Scorpio in the 12th rules his Sun in Libra in his 10th House. He feels he needs to "shine" intellectually in public, and he tries to get attention according to his Venus in Scorpio. He is somewhat manipulative about being recognized but this is deeply buried in his 12th House and is often his undoing. He seems to be a victim of people who play secretive games, but he also exudes a certain expectation of such which draws these people right to him!
    His Neptune in Scorpio is in the 12th House also, which shows that his subconcious mind can make or break him. He has a tendency to be extremely senstive to emotional currents in social sitautions, but he doesn't interpret them correctly. Hearing nagging voices in his head which mention Scorpionic topics such as sex or death was part of his being daignosed with schizo-effective disorder. Neptune rules Pisces and Pisces rules his 3rd House. This would certainly show some deception and Neptunian confusion to do with confusion. (Neptune in Scorpio in the 12th as the dispositor of the 3rd).
    His Moon in Scorpio rules the 8th House through the sign Cancer. He cares deeply and is very serious and emotional about relationships. As I said, I think this may be the core of the stellium and may be what the other planets in the stellium are serving. The Moon has the most personal influence in his stellium, and it is the needs of his moon which are at the center of the pattern.

So my friend's stellium is in the 11th and 12th in Scorpio, and involves expansive Jupiter, emotional Moon, vague and nebulous Neptune and value-driven Venus. Through these planets, the stellium consolidates areas of his life which pertain to:
    3rd House: Communication (ruled by Neptune, deception)
    1st House: Outward behavior (ruled by Jupiter, enthusiasm and expansion)
    10th and 5th House: (ruled by Venus, values and relationships)
    8th House: (ruled by the Moon, needing to have deep connections with people and going perversely too far in order to achive this through Jupiter, Neptune and Venus).

My girlfriend has a Taurus stellium. The rulers of both her Sun and Ascnedant are in Taurus. Although she's an Aries, the Taurus stellium beomes like her spokes-person. Every once in a while you get to talk to the boss. With her Gemini Ascendant she has a very Geminian personality. Communication is a big issue with her, although she tends to be somewhat quiet, slow and cautious about it, especially about relationships and values (Mercury in Taurus conjunct Venus in Taurus). I would tend to say that she is actually more Gemini than Taurus by virtue of her Ascendant, which is really a very important personal placement. But it is reinfoerced by Taurus. She is very slow and careful about communicating. It doesn't work the other way: She doesn't communicate about Taurus topics so much, and actually she's very intellectual and philosophical, or just likes to make small-talk to pass the time (Gemini). She's an Aries, highly idealistic and curious. Her Mars is also in Taurus. She is usually focused on doing something, but she's slow and almost lazy about it. It seems that the polarity of her Aries Sun and Gemini Ascendant do not focus on Taurus so much a s Taurus focuses on her Sun and Ascendant. She is slow and careful about expressing her own personality...which is distinctly Gemini and Aries.
    Her South Node is in Virgo, so Mercury in Taurus is the dispositor and represents a behavior which she is struggling to break away from in order to grow.

Now let's look at my girlfriend's stellium and do the same thing:
    Mercury in Taurus (rules her 4th and 1st houses, and the South Node)
    Venus in Taurus (rules her 5th and 12th Houses)
    Saturn in Taurus (rules her 8th House)
    Mars in Taurus (rules her 11th house)
    Her Mercury is buried in the 12th House and so is her communication ability. This is attached to her 4th House (emotional foundation) and her 1st House (outward expression). she doesn't like to communicate much except in private, and this both affects and is affected BY her emotional foundation. Her family likely played a role in this. She may not have been able to express herself as she wished with her family.
    Her Venus is also buried in the 12 house and so is her sense of values. She may feel like she needs to keep these hidden, or that she can't express them. Being that the 12th is ruled by Venus this might just be an irrational fear, or through the 5th House she might feel a need to keep her desire for fun buried for fear that it will hurt her if she indulges.
    Her Saturn is in the 11th, and rules the 8th House. She associates and bonds mostly with very serious people. People who joke alot make her uncomfortable, and she tends to be somewhat naive. She only associates with people who have a strong vein of seriousness who she can trust.
    Her Mars is in the 12th House and rules the 11th. She prefers to exert her energy behind the scenes. She doesn't like to be noticed within crowds and organizations and is very careful not to show her stuff too much when people are watching.

So the affairs of the 11th, 12th, 8th and 1st, and 4th Houses all come together in the 11th and 12th Houses for her, under the slow and careful sign of Taurus. She is slow, quiet, private and cautious, and prefers privacy and anonymity in groups. Her emotional foundations are somewhat private and sacred and she keeps them well-gaurded. She approaches her personal relationships the same way, and is very careful who she gets involved with and in what way. It won't be apparent at first because her Taurus stubborness is buried in the 12th House. Again, this acts as a ground for several areas of her life.

A stellium is a common root with many branches which go in otherwise unrelated directions. However, if there is a disturbance at the root then it will be felt in all the branches. The stellium is a source of strength and is also a weak spot where a person can be affected in many areas by a single blow. It may also be that all the areas (Houses) which share connections to the stellium are sensitiveto each other, and if you hit one branch then the whole tree will shake.

• Re: stellium

Thu, April 12, 2007 - 12:44 PM
      FJ ~

Oooh! OooH! Do me, please :)
      people.tribe.net/maryellen...7dad323738

love all-ways,
      mem
      • FJ
        FJ
        offline 6

Thu, April 12, 2007 - 5:04 PM
        Jeez!
        The ONE time somebody tells me "DO ME!" and it has to be a horoscope... ;-)
        Just kidding...

Yeah sure, but I'm going to plug your birthdata into my own software first and redo your chart minus the asteroids. That'll make it easier to see the major influences. I'll reintroduce the asteroids later. It also appears that some of the info is abbreviated or cut off in the image you provided, so this will make it easier.

I see that you are truly the Stellium Goddess of ALL TIME. Wow!
        This should be interesting.
        Just give me a little time, ok. It might take me a day to get to it...alright?

• FJ
        FJ
        offline 6

Sun, April 15, 2007 - 2:08 PM
        Don't worry, I didn't forget about you, Mary.
        I'm checking out your chart. Your Scoprio stellium is spread acorss two houses.

Sun 7
        Mercury 7
        Moon 7
        Jupiter 7
        Venus 8
        Neptune 8

The Moon & Jupiter are perfectly conjunct, and the Sun & Mercury are loosely conjunct. Technically, all these planets are like a conjunction, but some have a stronger contact with each other...namely Moon & Jupiter and the Sun & Mercury.
        I can also derive a midpoint to your Scorpio stellium at about 16* Scorpio, which is closest to your Moon/Jupiter conjunction...and this conjunctional point is very important for you. This is the outlet for your stellium. Moon conjunct Jupiter is an excellent aspect because Jupiter is exalted in Cancer so by being joined with the Moon it gets accidentally exalted. This is also good for Scorpio because Scorpio is usually tight-lipped and stoic. You are probably more expressive and positive than the sign usually gets credit for.
        You have another important midpoint: 7* Scorpio. This is the exact position of your Sun, and represents the midpoint of all the planets (in Scorpio and Libra) in the bucket-half of your bucket-pattern chart.
        My guess is that you associate well with people who have occult leanings, and you probably have a personal interest in such yourself. It might be a common way for you to relate with others. As your interest expands, so do your relationships. I can already see that you have a desire to know and be known through occult or spiritual means [i.e "Do me, do me!" ;-) ]
        This is the root of your personality.
        Now I'll do the dispositors of your Scorpio stellium, which will show what other areas you express the energy of this stellium.

Your Sun in Scorpio get's some expression in both the 5th and 6th Houses through Leo. You like to mix business with pleasure,and to share and express deeply in relationships anything which pertains to your 5th or 6th House. This brings me back to Uranus & Pluto in your 6th - two very occult planets in conjunction together. You might be looking for some type of catharsis through occult studies, and you are very social about this.
        You Moon & Jupiter are also combined in Scoprio in the 7th, and are an important midpoint. PAY CLOSE ATTENTION TO THIS ONE! They also merge the houses ruled by Cancer, Saggitarius...and somewhat Pisces. This would combine the 4th, 9th and 12th Houses. You have a tendency to be very deep and philosophical, or are looking for people who bring that out in you.

Mars is the midpoint of your Uranus-Mars-Pluto stellium in Libra, and Mars and Pluto are also the dispositors of your entire Scorpio stellium. Mars is a hidden power-point for you, not only because it connects your stelliums, but also because it links everything back to your Aries ascendant. I could see the Aries/Mars drive and enthusiasm when you demanded that I do your chart! Mars is at the midpoint of the highly "occult" Uranus and Pluto conjunction. Maybe these are services that you actively seeks out on a regular basis; People who will give you valuable information and feedback about you.
        So Mars rules both your ascendant AND your six-planet Scorpio stellium.

You'll get some additional influence from the 12th House trhoguh Neptune, and through the 7th and 2dn Houses. It could be that you are trying to learn about your self-worth and your subconcious through feedback from relationships...and you seem to prefer occult types of counseling over traditional ones. Your North Node on the cusp of Aquarius and Pisces would further accentuate this. You need to focus the energy your Sun/Mercury conjunction to communicate deeply about details in the areas of spiritualty and occultism, and meet with a variety of eccentric, spiritual people. You may have been held to a lifestyle which was too orthodox and conservative in a past life - now you need to agressively and actively seek out people which you may have rejected in the past and embrace what they have of offer. By doing so, you will find some lost pieces of yourself. Use your Mars to do this, it unites everything I have talked about here. Mars in Libra is diplomatic and capable of seeking out people and relationships.
        Your Mars and Venus are in mutual reception. You will attract what you need as you also seek it out. Remember to keep these planets in balance. Don't pursue people too much, and remember to take relationships tongue-in-cheek and let them develop on their own. Your Part-of-Fortune is in Aries near your ascendant. You will benefit greatly form developing the traits of Aries in your character, AND by learning not to fall into the bad characteristics of that sign at the same time.

Last bit not least, you have singelton Saturn oppsing your bucket of planets
        It seems that with singleton Saturn conjunct your 2nd House cusp, your focus may be on knowing your self-worth...and it comes slowly and tediously. It opposes your Venus most directly. You may depend on other people to tell you your self-worth, and you may be on a relentless search to find people who will tell you things you would like to hear. ...but this is one aspect I'll let you figure out on your own.

Well...let me me know if this was helpful!

Sun, April 15, 2007 - 2:38 PM
          thank you, FJ ~ yes, very helpful! :)

I did say "please" ~ although, I kinda had a feeling that you would "do me", if I asked then.....

I didn't know anything of astrology until I was into my 20's, being brought up in a very conservative, Catholic household & focused strictly on academic science until then ~ I can *see* now that I had at least one past life where I lived in a convent as a particularly strict 'Mother Superior' & I do think that my Aries mother, in this life, was actually my "most rebellious" nun, in a past one ~ funny, role reveral thing there.....

looking back to my childhood ~ one thing stands out, tho..... I remember a friend handing me a note in grade school & she had written the number 4 on it ~ although the way she wrote the 4, it looked like the symbol for Jupiter (of course I didn't know that at the time) ~ but I remember how that written symbol affected me ~ I stared at it & stared at it for the longest time ~ I can remember the classroom & the person who gave the note to me (I now know that she is a Pisces) ~ that strong sense memory stayed with me & when I finally was able to make the connection between that symbol & Jupiter, much later in my 20's, I nearly wept for *joy*..... I also remember doing a class project on Jupiter the next year in school..... even with my "darker personality" ~ the good luck & gregariousness of Jupiter does tend to follow me around (see the movie, based on my real life situation, PCU for more details on how to motivate eccentrics into throwing all-campus parties!)

love all-ways,
          mem

Mon, April 16, 2007 - 8:32 AM
            Well Done FJ !
            • FJ
              FJ
              offline 6

Mon, April 16, 2007 - 9:44 AM
              Gee, thanks!
              I didn't expect a slap on the back...
              :-D
              • t
                t
                offline 0

Mon, April 16, 2007 - 2:38 PM
                hi fj

i loved what you wrote on this topic
                i have a small stellium in 8th house, but i'm very different from my scorpio friends
                i would really love to hear what you feel about it
                even just a line, when you have time.
                my chart is in my pictures
                would realy appreciate it

terri

Mon, April 16, 2007 - 3:21 PM

**A Stellium is 3 or more planets in the same house**

Do they also need to be conjunct or would the Stellium still exist without a conjunction(s)? Say if your 3rd House is Libra and it contains Neptune at 16 Degrees, Sun and Moon conjunct at 21 Degrees and Venus at 0 Degrees of Scorpio (but still in the 3rd House) would this be a 4 planet Stellium because all are in the 3rd House, or would the Venus at 0 Degrees of Scorpio not be considered part of the Stellium? Thanx in advance for any information! :)(:

• This is the maximum depth. Additional responses will not be threaded.

Mon, July 14, 2008 - 8:06 PM
                    I have the following planets in signs
                    Sun Mercury and Mars in Cancer

Moon Saturn and Pluto in Libra

What on earth does this mean if anything at all?

Thanks
                    • Unsu...

Tue, July 15, 2008 - 8:59 PM
                      I'm guessing your first stellium is in the 7th house, because you have stated on your profile that you have Capricorn Ascending? If they are conjunct, those three planets would heighten the energy in the area expressed in marriage/partnerships/hidden enemies. The Sun and Mercury are peregrine (have no dignity) in Cancer, while Mars is in fall. So the stellium is not as powerful as it could be. None of the planets are commanding the others. They're sort of lost. For example, I have a stellium w/ Mars, Venus (detrimented) in Aries w/ Mercury (peregrine) in Taurus. Mars is dignified and commanding the other planets in my 10th house of status/career.

Tue, July 15, 2008 - 9:15 PM
                        just to clarify, a stellium is 3 or more planets in relative conjunction --opinions may vary about whether it counts if they straddle sign or house cusps, most will insist that they all be inthe same sign. A stellium is not 3 or more separate conjunctions.
                        • Unsu...

Tue, July 15, 2008 - 9:24 PM
                          There's probably a difference of opinion on orbs too. The tighter the orb, the stronger the stellium, I'd imagine.

Tue, July 15, 2008 - 9:42 PM
                            imo, 3 or more planets (especially "personal" planets) in the same sign or house is very noteworthy, regardless of orbs. the tighter the orbs, the more noteworthy it becomes, of course.
                  • This is the maximum depth. Additional responses will not be threaded.
                    Unsu...

Tue, July 15, 2008 - 8:48 PM
                    Stelliums are 3 or more conjunctions. They don't have to be in the same sign or house.

Tue, December 23, 2008 - 1:08 AM
                      Wait- I'm totally confused now.
                      So Saturn, Uranus and Neptune in my 7th house isn't a stellium?
                      I thought a stellium was a cluster of planets..

my chart, for reference: www.astro.com/cgi/showgif.cgi

Tue, December 23, 2008 - 5:07 AM
                        I know that there are more than one opinion about what constitutes a stellium, but I don't think it's a signifcant question, because the term doesn't carry any specific "meaning" in its own rite. For all practical purposes, it's several planets with a common denominator or placement, be it sign, house or both. It's significance depends on which planets, sign and/or house we're looking at. In Rebecca's case, it's no big whoopie-doo (IMO) because we're not looking at personal planets.
                        More significant, from a tribe perspective, is that we're beginning to hear from the Uranus/Neptune conjunction (in Cap) generation, with saturn thrown in for good measure. These natives are just maturing to the point where we can begin to see the relevant effects of this conjunction. My guess is that they will somehow embody or awaken more practical awareness and applications of spirituality. In any event, they will give us our first real-time glimpse of the unification of these forces (I don't know how many years or centuries it's been since these two forces hooked up, but it's been a while). What this says about Rebecca's "personality" probably isn't much, compared with other elements of her chart. One aspect that stands out (because it only happens every 18-20 years or so) is the Jupiter/Saturn opposition, which is seen as somewhat of a conundrum, or push/pull situation, commonly thought to indicate the native's perceived need for second opinions or approval. I have this opposition in my 6th and 12th houses. Her's fall in the 1st and 7th, which emphasizes the conundrum in terms of projection vs reflection.
                        As far as stelliums go, I think that they're much more significant when they include inner or personal planets or bodies (sun and moon), perhaps combined with outer planets or even asteroids, but not including abstract points such as nodes or aribic parts.
    • Unsu...

Tue, December 23, 2008 - 7:17 AM

I think that is a cool way of looking at stelliums. I have noticed the people I have known with stelliums seem to need lots of intense expressive and exploratory activity in an attempt to integrate a brilliance that went overlooked / unprovided with proper outlets in childhood. They do tend to have intense worries about acceptance and being liked and appreciated, partially to do with worrying about being a bother to others from self-expression, interest in and curiosity about others, and desire to have others to share intensities of experience or expression with. They seem to need to be allowed more 'space' than others and aren't comfortable with being perceived in narrow or conclusive terms, and there's often an irritated / agitated / turbulent quality to the character due to feeling a resentment at having to 'narrow oneself' to the seemingly more generalized and casual motivations and interests of others', while also resentment at the self, a feeling of shame, at finding it hard to be as responsive to others as they generally expect people to be. I think one of the needs may be to expand ..to have many different areas for expression and recognition where the responsibilities to others in each area are light, few, and/or particular but very compatible with the stellium qualities. It seems they can share their least interpersonally turbulent company with other people with stelliums, to where intensity can be experienced but there is also an appropriately impersonal detachment that comes with the workings of the 'stellium-mind' and person being empathetically understood, both compatible degrees of 'space' and relatedness present ..they recognize each other easily I think, because they are each acutely aware of the sense of isolation and unrelatedness being in the world has at some point almost inevitably been experienced. There is this stellium-quality through my 4th house though the orbs are wide ..the wide orbs make me good at understanding the stellium-quality of people I have known with tighter orbs.

Tue, December 23, 2008 - 8:11 AM
        Toren- do you mean that that the person is "intensely" one house and therefore deals with a sense of isolation due to extreme energy in that house? I know you wrote a long explanation, but does that sum it up?
        • Unsu...

Tue, December 23, 2008 - 12:37 PM

sonah, yeah, basically : )

Tue, December 23, 2008 - 1:04 PM
            lol thanks- it's just hard to stay focused while at work, so I've become more of a headline-reader.
            • Unsu...

Tue, December 23, 2008 - 1:32 PM

its ok, sonah, am at work too, on my pda to ease a 16 hour shift (my mars, lol), your question didn't seem odd at all : )
      • Unsu...

Tue, December 23, 2008 - 8:38 AM
        Toren,

That is a beautiful articulation of life and experience with a Stellium...

is anyone writing down and compiling all the wonderful insights that are expressed in Astroville?? I wish I had the skills and attention span to do that.... We could write a how to manual or database on individual experiences of planetary energies..... I wish it were not such a complex task......

I can see the threads and interconnections that reality is woven from, but have a hard time making sense of it.....
        • Unsu...

Tue, December 23, 2008 - 2:39 PM

Thank you, Isaac : )

About writing stuff down and compiling, myself, I've had a 'sand-mandala discipline' about writing for a long time now, once its said its gone, to not be attached to ideas or words, give it away, to encourage growth, learning, expansion, my own as much as anyone's ..that feels more important, compiling feels limited ..thats just my personal feeling for myself about it though. You are right, many people here produce great writing and render great experiences, yourself included.

• Unsu...

Tue, December 23, 2008 - 2:54 PM
            Toren,

there is something to be said for impermanence and letting go..... not being attached, but..............

I love maps, and they give me a better understanding of the territory and how to navigate that territory. I feel a good book about stelliums would be an important contribution to the study of astrology... I see the natal chart as a map of the energies we are born with, life experience and living is the territory, and the study and application of astrology is sort of like a compass, it finely tunes the direction in navigating the territory.

:)

Tue, December 23, 2008 - 8:46 AM
        toren,

very insightful as you always are, wow! XD

my best friend in the world, we've known each other since teenage years (im 24 now), i only recently did his chart for the first time....turns out he has a stellium in the 8th house (sun merc venus mars all in leo!! for eastern, in western theyre virgo)

and two planets each in his 11th and 12th.

i myself have a stellijm in the 12th and 5th house. i cant write details at the moment, so ill reply with more later, im fascinated by this subject!
        • Unsu...

Tue, December 23, 2008 - 8:56 AM
          <<), i only recently did his chart for the first time....turns out he has a stellium in the 8th house (sun merc venus mars all in leo!! for eastern, in western theyre virgo)>>

I was just wondering about stelliums in other sins and what kinds of experiences they have. The scorpio stellum definitely drives toward an obsessives need to understand life and death and all the feelings I feel.

I do think someone needs to write a book on the subject if one does not already exist.
        • Unsu...

Tue, December 23, 2008 - 3:29 PM

Thank you, ascendant : ) I remember your 12th and 5th house stellium and it is interesting about your friend's 8th. I'll be interested to read if you want to write about it in detail later.

Tue, December 23, 2008 - 8:53 AM
        i can see why people admire your posts Toren. that's a fair amount of insight right there! i have what i understand to be a pisces stellium, jazzed up with fire and torrential scorpio in the mix. intensity doesn't always find a home : (
        • Unsu...

Tue, December 23, 2008 - 8:12 PM

Thank you, VickZ. I've noticed your words and I like the way you express yourself.

A scorpionic fire stellium in pisces? ..holy kundalini mirror : 0 uh, welcome home? : ) heh

Tue, December 23, 2008 - 9:05 AM
        These seems like good points Toren - I kinda wonder though about my stellium in the 3rd regarding intensity or perhaps the way many interpret it's "focusing" manifestation. There is an intensity that you write about here but I have several mutual receptions within my stellium that perhaps act like time-sharing portals to the rest of the chart...stellium spread to the cosmic cracker so to speak.
        My stellium is: Merc/Sat/Mars/Sun.
        My mutual receptions are: Mercury in Aquarius to Uranus in Virgo, Mars in Pisces to Neptune in Scorpio, and Mars in Pisces to Venus in Aries.

Wed, December 24, 2008 - 6:06 AM
          " I have several mutual receptions within my stellium that perhaps act like time-sharing portals to the rest of the chart...stellium spread to the cosmic cracker so to speak." - Somehow it seems Planets that are engaged in this fusing process seem to incorporeate the energies of the unoccupied signs in a highly original and new way. excellent point, thanks:

Saying that planetary energies placed in one sign or house closely conjuncting eachother signify intensity, is somewhat of a given. Though I would prefer to speak of focus or concentration instead of intensity, as the latter term seems to conjure up all these unconscious connotations normally associated with Scorpio.

That being said, a stellium is still one of the less understood configs of the birth chart. People will just look at the Stellium, but will miss what is going on in the corner of their eye, as ...d... shows. In this complex interplay of energies one needs to find the most dominant energy - as defined by rulership, mutual reception, strength, decante strength, etc...

Yet most of the time the native knows who is really calling the shots. As one dives deeper into the themes inherent in this Stellium (through for instance Sabian Degrees) one can establish a hierarchy of meaning and start to look at factors influenced by or influencing the stellium. Of great note is the Sign/House and Sabian Degree opposite to the central Planet of the Stellium. It will tell a lot about the eventual release of the built up focus overflowing from the Stellium represents.

Wed, December 24, 2008 - 1:38 PM
            "Of great note is the Sign/House and Sabian Degree opposite to the central Planet of the Stellium. It will tell a lot about the eventual release of the built up focus overflowing from the Stellium..."

So it's almost like the t-square thing...you need more of the opposite? For instance, my stellium in cancer (sun, moon, venus) is opposite jupiter conj. neptune in capricorn- so that would require relating to humankind or fulfilling wishes and dreams (11th) with art and business (cappy and 5th)? That makes a lot of sense to me.

Thu, December 25, 2008 - 7:07 AM
              Yes, you're fortunate to have an allready existing outlet for the focus that these three personal planets present. People often forget to look at their chart from an impersonal view point - the big picture. Any configuration is a symbolic and evolutionary picture of how a person is evolving through the many lessons of the life on earth - it is all aimed at one purpose - complete integration:

of All the elements and crosses, so

a chart that has Yods, T- or Grand Crosses, Oppositions or Stelliums is focussing our attention to the themes inherent in the signs and houses that seek to find some kind of merger or fusion through the various kinds of configurations represented.

A stellium is unpredictable in the sense that it's energy can either 'implode' or 'explode' depending on how one reacts to either conscious efforts to internalize or externalize the 'script' or interaction with people aspecting it, transits, progressions etc...

Anyway...studying the opposite sign and house could help a lot in understanding the dynamics of the Stellium, next are the energies squaring it, etc....

Thu, December 25, 2008 - 12:12 PM
                "it is all aimed at one purpose - complete integration:

of All the elements and crosses"

That is a beautiful point Partha. For me it speaks of fluidity of identity. Being able to go beyond personal limits to integrate what is needed in the moment.

Thu, December 25, 2008 - 7:43 AM
              >>my stellium in cancer (sun, [merc], venus) is opposite jupiter conj. neptune in capricorn<<

hmmm...my oldest daughter has a sun(22), merc(23) venus(19) stellium in Capricorn, oppposing her 22* Cancer Asc.

mindfire.ca/The%20Sabian...0Contents.htm
              "PHASE 293 (CAPRICORN 23°): A SOLDIER RECEIVING TWO AWARDS FOR BRAVERY IN COMBAT.

KEYNOTE: The reward offered by society for the fulfillment of individual responsibility.

The fact that "two" awards are emphasized makes us believe that this may refer subtly to the recognition by the community that, whether he succeeded or failed, an individual who discharged his duty nobly under unusual circumstances is entitled to the respect and appreciation of the collectivity he served so well. What is implied here is a constant give-and-take between society and the individual person. Each one should be able to trust the other.

This third symbol of the fifty-ninth five-fold sequence extracts, as it were, a common element from the two preceding scenes. The Keyword here is RECOMPENSE, i.e. a compensation for a well-done performance — a balancing of accounts."

Thu, December 25, 2008 - 7:47 AM
                oops, the point opposing the central planet of the stellium, although her sun degree (above) is MUCH easier to relate to her character. People trust that woman like nobody else I know.

"PHASE 113 (CANCER 23°): THE MEETING OF A LITERARY SOCIETY.

KEYNOTE: An objective and critical approach to the common factors in our culture and to its psychological problems.

The poets, novelists and critics of a society represent the endeavor by especially sensitive and intellectually gifted individuals to give form and meaning to the most characteristic situations and interpersonal relationships of their society and culture. They mirror society and at the same time influence and guide its development. It is their function to discuss the significance of what is, and to image what might be. They are both barometers and thermostats, reflectors and projectors of as yet mostly unconscious images.

With this third stage we reach the level of INTELLECTUALIZATION. Here the individual operates both as an objective mind and an emotional participant in the events and hopes of his day. He makes concrete what to most people may be only a subconscious aspiration or urge."

Thu, December 25, 2008 - 12:13 PM
                  Very interesting...maybe this is saying she has to use that trust to learn about people to make some sense of them!

Tue, December 30, 2008 - 11:20 PM
            Partha - I am just now seeing this post (12-30-08) I am very gratetful for your input here and will look into the additional stellium interplay that you mention here. I will respond more soon but for now...THANK YOU! :)
        • Unsu...

Wed, December 24, 2008 - 12:13 PM

thank you, dream

sonah's words are good

"deals with a sense of isolation due to extreme energy in that house"

i was thinking that as a starting point for understanding a stellium in
          one's chart, a good first place to look would be one's most persistently
          felt grievances regarding feelings like never being understood, never
          quite finding situations that feel compatible (be they social, work/related,
          or otherwise), perpetual feelings of not having the life one would like to
          have, a repetitive sense of not being able to get along with or not being
          able to enjoy the company of others, any continual sense that one
          experiences 'loneliness' more often or more so than others

here, tell you what ..their birth times are unknown which takes away from
          the example but it seems to me i can hear the qualities of the signs and
          planets that surely compose house stelliums in the charts of gavin
          rossdale and gwen stefani

rossdale has:

venus at 20* virgo
          pluto at 22* virgo
          uranus at 27* virgo
          moon anywhere from about 21* virgo to 4* libra

sun at 6* scorpio
          mercury at 11* scorpio
          neptune at 23* scorpio

chiron opposes the virgo stellium at 26* pisces
          saturn is close to oppossing it at 7* aries
          mars is in capricorn

www.youtube.com/watch

gwen has:

venus at 13* virgo
          s. node at 20* virgo
          pluto at 25* virgo

mercury at 1* libra
          uranus at 5* libra
          sun at 10* libra
          jupiter at 15* libra

chiron is at 4* aries
          moon anywhere from about 6* to 20* cancer
          mars is in capricorn

www.youtube.com/watch

a song that gets me emotinally very deeply at what
          feels like the the core of my own stellium to hear,
          takes me right to my anima, to say the least:

www.youtube.com/watch

the singer, birth time/houses unknown (possibly 4th? heh) has a

saturn sag at 4*
          mercury sag at 11*
          venus sag at 25*
          uranus sag at 19*
          MC sag at 22*

cap sun at 2*
          cap neptune at 3*

chiron is at 11* gemini
          mars and pluto are both in scorpio conjunct about 1* apart

interesting to note that these three musicians i thought of
          today all have chiron in opposition to stelliums

• Unsu...

Wed, December 24, 2008 - 12:26 PM

*edit

the MC in the third singer is unknown without birthtime

Tue, December 23, 2008 - 2:58 PM
    I have a 12th House stellium in Leo/Virgo involving both personal and transpersonal planets, Pluto conjnct Sun being among them. It does feel very familiar, and I think that the energy from there is very sustaining to me. But I am officially and antique, and I think it takes a while to come to terms with the 12th House, stellium or not, especially when it is highlighted by self and fire.

Recent topics in "Astrology"

Topic Author Replies Last Post
badly aspected venus and ascendant offlineelisabeth 0 December 5, 2014
help us learn more about our birthchart Bethany 1 December 4, 2014
Chiron square Uranus transit Girl 9 December 2, 2014
What's Your Animal Yoni? Unsubscribed 108 December 1, 2014