Advertisement

Eros in the Natal Chart

topic posted Thu, April 28, 2011 - 7:01 PM by  deb
Share/Save/Bookmark
Hey, all!

I've got a question for those of you with a sharp, analytical mind that I need to pick for insight. My natal Eros is at 26 degrees of Leo in my 7th house. This is also the EXACT degree of my sun/moon mid-point. Well, I was just wondering how you all would interpret this position and aspect. The only aspects to Eros in my natal chart are the conjunction to the sun-moon midpoint and an EXACT quincunx to my ASC, which is 26 degrees of Capricorn.

The reason for my posting this question is because I sometimes attract people who come on to me like a Mac truck WITHOUT any interest or provocation, (flirtation), from me. Boundaries? What are those? Well, that is how I am approached sometimes. People literally try to pull a "caveman" on me,... you know, knock me on the head with a club, then drag me off by the hair to their cave. Well, I am greatly disturbed by this, (to say the least), and am wondering what aspect in my chart could be describing these types of encounters and thought maybe Eros conjunct the sun/moon mid-point in the 7th could be the negative type of expression of this energy. What do you all think? Any suggestions?
Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Also, any and all discussions of natal Eros placements and experiences would be welcome and enjoyed. Thank you!
posted by:
deb
offline deb
Washington
Advertisement
  • Kim Falconer has a wealth of info on Eros on her website:
    www.falconastrology.com/discovery.htm
    • Yeah, Captain. I've looked on her website, but no mention of a conjunction to the sun/moon mid-point. This would be one for the intuitive astrologer to figure out which is why I've posted it for discussion.
      • Maybe they are just jerks and that has nothing to do with asteroid Eros? lol but seriously, you having it exacyly on your Sun/Moon midpoint makes me think that it somehow influences you not them, I like how astrologystudy.blogspot.com describes Sun/Moon midpoint: ''Inherent in the symbolism of the Sun/Moon midpoint is the desire for companionship. The Sun/Moon midpoint represents a point of "inner marriage" and symbolizes close personal relationship.'' since you have Eros there, its mythology can reveal a bit about the type of relationships you desire/attract.
        ''.... "Before the beginning was Eros: blind hunger, primordial urge, formless power, undirected desire, aimless energy, voracious craving, unorganized activity: Boundless Creativity." ....''Eros, like Fate, is symbolic of the fatal power of attraction which brings opposites together. He is the incarnating life principle, which ushers in the irrational, passionate intensity which makes transformation possible. He "turns up the heat" on the psychic process; he is that spiritual or divine fire which can unite with instinct...''.Eros moves from sexual objectification toward soulful love; ''

some info I found on Eros and Psyche tribes.tribe.net/asteroid_...809ef2212d

I have Proserpina on Sun/Moon midpoint, when I found out about it I immediately recognized my unconscious patterns in relationships, it was very revealing and helpful ... ''When an inner situation is not made conscious, it appears outside as fate.'' ~ C. Jung
        • Thanks for responding, Gogolesque!

You said, "Maybe they are just jerks and that has nothing to do with asteroid Eros?" Hahaha! Well, that may be!

As far as your assertion that "maybe Eros had more to do with me, not them,..." I believe that all the planets/points/asteroids in my chart have to do with me because it is my chart, (LOL), but planets in the 7th ALSO describe those that you attract. But after musing over what you wrote about the Eros mythology I would have to say that perhaps these are the "raw, primal desires" that I'm attracting, or activating in others, (and perhaps not owning myself.) I'm a Virgo with my sun in the 8th house, and Pluto sits on my 8th house cusp sextile to my Venus conjunct Neptune in Scorpio in the 9th. I live and breathe self-control, and transcendance of the animal body is my life calling! (I'm not bragging or exagerating, simply stating where my head is at and what my goals truly are in this life.)

Nevertheless, the world that I live in doesn't generally share these goals or values. Maybe as I slough off my skin and the carnal man that these aspects and energies are simply stirred up in those with whom I interact? I don't know. I'm just taking jabs in the dark at this point.

Thanks again for your response! It was very helpful. This particular aspect has always been a puzzle for me.
          • Unsu...

I have Eros on my entire sag stellium, i've been dying to get more aspect info but it's hard to find :(
            • Yeah, Endymion. I know. I've searched quite a bit. Kim Falconer has the best site on Eros. Here is an exerpt from her on Eros in aspect to planets. However, it isn't really specific so much as it gives insight on how to approach trying to understand the aspects in your chart. I hope you find it useful.

Eros in Aspect to the Planets

The madness of being in love clearly shows many characteristics of soul activity: interference with plans and projects, long periods of time spent in daydream and reverie, projection of ideal fantasies onto the loved person confusion about personal goals and values, a weakening of willpower all of these reveal an activation of the deeper strata of the soul. --Thomas Moore

The aspects link the planets, points and angles in the natal chart creating an indivisible bond between them. They consist of the angular division of a circle, 360 degrees, into different sized pieces of pie. Some of the divisions form stronger or more harmonious links than others, although the vital point is that they are linked at all.

One way of viewing the aspects between Eros and the other bodies in the chart is to consider that Eros is holding a festivity and the other planets the guests. How would Venus enjoy a feast with Eros? How would Saturn? Would he dive in or nibble the edges? Would he simply lose his appetite altogether? Each planet has a different orientation towards the experience of Eros. Each will taste, digest, assimilate or reject that experience in different ways. Whether it inspires arousal or repulsion, a connection by aspect to Eros will have its effect.

Aspects between planets bond them for better or worse. Usually it is a unique combination of both. If we have a grand cross between Venus, Mars, Saturn and Jupiter, we only have to evoke one of the planets to activate them all. If we assert ourselves against a threatening situation (mars) we will automatically evoke the containment or authority of Saturn, the expansive enthusiasm of Jupiter and Venus’s desire to create harmony or extract value. We can not do one without the others when they link by aspect.

This sheds light on the effects of any unaspected planets in the chart. If Mars is unaspected, the act of assertion may evoke nothing but the aggression itself. It may function in isolation because it has no links with the other bodies. Once awakened, it may be hard to integrate any self or external control (Saturn), any arbitration or diplomacy (Venus), or any sense of meaning or purpose (Jupiter). The pure and possibly raw aggression may be one big event all to itself with nothing to modify the energy in any way.

The nature of the aspect, whether it be a trine, square, inconjunct or opposition, holds some significance yet it is more important to first established if there is a connection of any kind, and what that connection may represent. If the Moon aspects Mars, their will be an ignition of the feeling nature quite different from the Moon in aspects to Neptune. It matters little if the aspect is so called soft or hard, good or bad. There are differences certainly, yet the primary signification of the planets being connected to each other remains unchanged. This holds especially true with the transits of the outer planets. A sextile from transiting Pluto can coincide with every bit as profound an emotional experience as a square or opposition. It matters more that one is being touched by the god and less from what angle that god is doing the touching.

With that in mind for Eros, the conjunction and opposition are the most consequential in the natal chart, although the ‘lesser’ aspects should be considered and evaluated as well. As far as orbs go, use what works best and what brings the most consistent and reliable results. A larger orb may be preferable for the conjunctions and oppositions, perhaps up to 10 or even 12 degrees when involving the Sun or Moon, with progressively tighter orbs for the square, trine, and tighter still for the sextile and inconjuncts. The minor aspects would want orbs of no less than 1.5 to 2 degrees, the parallel being 1.5 degrees to exact. The most important consideration to keep in mind is that if Eros, or any planet, acts like it is in aspect to another planet, even if the orb is wide, then it probably is. Results speak louder than rules.

Here is a link to her website for more info on Eros: www.falconastrology.com/natal_...ids.htm

She also has info on Eros in the signs and Eros in the houses.

Enjoy!

Deb
              • I have Eros on ASC even though the orb is less than a degree, it is technically it is in the 12th, I can relate to Eros in the 12th, I like to look good but I never ever want/try to get random guys/people find me sexy, I feel like it's none of their business whether I am sexy or not....my Eros is in Cap and I dont care about a guy's career and do not think he is supposed to buy me things/pay for everything (like Kim Falconer suggests, I find her Eros descriptions oversimplified) I am just not in a rush to give my heart / body away, I take sex and relationships with great sobriety.

I like these Eros descriptions a bit more than Kim's: www.sexualastrology.com/eros.html
                • Hey, thanks for the link Gogolesque! I agree that this is a little more detailed, on point, and helpful a site than Kim Falconer's in the delineation of the Eros placement in the natal chart.
  • deb,

Is this something that's always happened or just recently? Could it be a transit?

You do have some natal aspects that I think could attract that kind of behavior.

I'm thinking of Pluto both natally and by transit rather than the Sun-Moon midpoint.
    • Hey, Michelle!

Thanks for responding. Well, as for your question of whether this is something that happened just recently or has it always been my experience, I'll have to say both. I have had this kind of experience of having people come and try to impose their will and sexual desires on me forcefully all my life. I've never been raped, but I've felt my boundaries were violated many, many times. I've had to get tough with these people and stand up for myself, "show my steely spine," and eradicate them from my life. The thing about their appearances in my life that is so troubling to me is that they seem to "come out of no where," when I least expect it, (when my guard is down), and with tremendous force. It happens when I am most at peace and experiencing great joy in my life. These are the times when I decide to "share myself" with others, by just being open and responsive to them. It seems that the "others" that I open up to are really wolves in sheeps clothing.

Perhaps I need to "wake up" and use more discretion when interacting with strangers. Also, I think it may be a method to teach me how to see myself more clearly and stop selling myself short, (self-worth, self-esteem, personal value), as is shown by my sharing myself with strangers in ways that may be a blind spot to me. ??? Sometimes I feel that I don't know anything about anything when these things happen to me. It is very humbling!

As far as transits go, Pluto is currently transiting my 12th house. Hahahaha! Major house cleaning of my blindspots, and powerful but hidden enemies! Well, that is all I can tell about the Pluto transit. It is a good thing though, even if jarring, and a bit frightening at times. When it is over I am hoping to be more sane, more aware of my own sense of power, and more sensitive to the vulnerabilities of others. I know that I've been a master self-sabatouer in my life and I'm hoping this transit will help me to "disable the disabler!" Hahaha!

Anyway,... that is what I could tell about the "Pluto effect" in my chart. Don't Eros and Pluto have some similar effects such as the raw, primal sexuality and the transformative nature of their energies? Just wondering,...

Recent topics in "Astrology"

Topic Author Replies Last Post
book : Person Centered Astrology, by Dane Rudhyar K 0 Yesterday, 8:54 PM
HELP! Am I cursed? SaraH 9 Yesterday, 8:43 PM
moderated fran 6 Yesterday, 5:50 PM
Pluto and the Cardinal signs - expect changes Scasco 18 October 24, 2014